Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Redemption Ticket change of dates - loss of 15% discount?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2012, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ Gold, BA Bronze,GA Silver

I was just trying to sort out my dad's business saver redemption ticket and there seems to be conflicting stories being told by the KF people on the line.

My dad had used the website to book a Business Saver Award from CGK-LHR return and he was on the wait list for the return journey on his preferred date. About 48 hours before his departure from CGK-LHR, KF called him and offered him a return date a few days earlier and instructed him to call him to check the waitlist and the surrounding dates for his return flight should he want to leave closer to his original planned dates. They agreed to issue his ticket honouring the 15% discount.

Now in London, he's rung them up, as per their original instructions, to check on the waitlist to be told on the different occasions that he rang up:
- He is not allowed to waitlist
- He can waitlist but only on 1 flight
- A change with no charge a day before his preferred date and 2 days after his current confirmed flight.
- Any change or accepting the cleared waitlisted flight will mean that he has to pay the 15% discount he had for booking the original ticket.

I've tried help him by going into the SQ website and it tells me that I cannot change his ticket on his website and to call the local SQ office.

Now, he's kind of accepted he's leaving on his confirmed date, but just wanting to understand what the rules on trying to change an award ticket after its been issued and partially used.

Anyone can shed any light on this?

RVernius
Old May 9, 2012, 8:00 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Once travel has commenced the only way to change a redemption ticket is via the call centre and results in forfeiting the 15% online discount.
Old May 9, 2012, 7:07 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
I never had any problems changing, waitlisting, or accepting waitlists through the call centre with the 15% honoured. Any agent that refused to accept is inexperienced. Request supervisor's approval - you will get it in 2 minutes.

Keep insisting on their website's weaknesses which is infamous the world over and which all experienced agents are aware of.

Now, if the ticket is partially used, I have been asked to pay a fee to cancel the original confirmed date and rebook but never the 15% taken back.
Old May 9, 2012, 10:55 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SQueeze
I never had any problems changing, waitlisting, or accepting waitlists through the call centre with the 15% honoured. Any agent that refused to accept is inexperienced. Request supervisor's approval - you will get it in 2 minutes.

Keep insisting on their website's weaknesses which is infamous the world over and which all experienced agents are aware of.

Now, if the ticket is partially used, I have been asked to pay a fee to cancel the original confirmed date and rebook but never the 15% taken back.
I had to change a return flight by one day. Lot's of repeat phone calls to actually get it done. I lost my 15% even using the "unable to do on website argument". I followed up with an email and was called by a supervisor - still no luck.
Old May 10, 2012, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ Gold, BA Bronze,GA Silver
Thanks for the feedback. This is kind of typical of what happens with the KF call center it seems. It depends alot on who you get - different stories between them.

I wonder then, since the one way awards are the same cost at the return awards, whether its better to just book them as separate one way awards to maintain the flexibility of changing the return sector dates?
Old May 10, 2012, 6:14 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
That's what I have been doing.
But no >24h stop between all the segments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.