FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Can I make a retrospective claim to get PPS points as well as NZ airpoints? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1338416-can-i-make-retrospective-claim-get-pps-points-well-nz-airpoints.html)

newtestleper Apr 21, 2012 5:35 pm

Can I make a retrospective claim to get PPS points as well as NZ airpoints?

Hi

I'm just about to take a long-haul flight from NZ to Europe in J on SQ. I'm going to credit the points from the trip to Air New Zealand as that is where the bulk of my flying takes place. I have heard though that I can claim points on NZ and simultaneously put the $ value of the flight towards PPS club status - is this correct and if so how do I do this after I've taken the flights? I only loaded my NZ airpoints number on when I checked in.

I may well be flying SQ in J again before the end of the year so putting some $ towards PPS may be beneficial so I am keen to do it if I can.

Can anyone assist?

Cheers

WLG Base Apr 22, 2012 12:43 am

I answered the question about double dipping when you asked on the NZ Forum.

To credit flights to both NZ & SQ PPS the following fields in the booking are used:

FQTV "NZ FF No" Airpoint Dollars
FQTS "SQ FF No" $'s for PPS Status

You can either get the call centre to do or leave it to checkin to get the FQTS field added. I usually also check at the gate to make sure both fields have the appropriate FF numbers.

You mention retrospective but also just about to take a flight. So not sure where you are at. I have not needed to make a retrospective claim but no harm in calling the call centre or sending an email.

kmcbrid2 Oct 1, 2013 12:36 am

Originally Posted by WLG Base (Post 18438457)
I have not needed to make a retrospective claim but no harm in calling the call centre or sending an email.

Can anyone advise how I can make a retrospective claim?

Guy Betsy Oct 1, 2013 5:25 am

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2 (Post 21533117)
Can anyone advise how I can make a retrospective claim?

Can you elaborate?

PS - its retroactive and not retrospective.

carrotjuice Oct 1, 2013 8:26 am

Don't sweat it. On your booking, just provide only your NZ FF no. After your flight, just submit a KF retroactive claim form and indicate to credit PPS value only.

I've personally done this dozens of times... a little post trip hassle perhaps, but this ensures the miles are not incorrectly credited to KF as well.

Durian Oct 1, 2013 9:15 am

Double dip

Hi, let me bring a very practical answer to your question.
As far as I am concerned, trying to include FQTV "NZ FF No" Airpoint Dollars and FQTS "SQ FF No" $'s for PPS Status in the bookings has failed miserably numerous times in 2013, apparently because of my corporate travel agent (Amex) which seems unable to handle this.
Similarly, don't try to do this at checkin, whether in Changi or abroad, ground staff (SQ or contractors) simply don't know how to do.
You will waste time and it will get on your nerves.

I've started with an empty LH M&M account exactly 6 months ago and yesterday I reached the 100k for SEN. The way it (actually) worked is as follows, 2 solutions that both work for me:
1. call PPS couple of days before the flight, they can arrange the double dip NZ-SQ PPS (and they are more skilled with the system apparently)
OR
2. do the whole KF-PPS thing (miles in your KF account and PPS $ in your PPS account) then after the flight email PPS asking them to transfer the miles only. It works, providing you're not in a rush, maybe 1-2 months to have the miles landing in your NZ account.
If solution 1 failed you still have #2.

As far as retroactive claims for past flights, yes you can (sound familiar ;) , at least on M&M, you can claim up to 6 months back but you have to provide the BP by snail mail (because it's a SQ BP).

Durian Oct 1, 2013 9:19 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 21534649)
Don't sweat it. On your booking, just provide only your NZ FF no. After your flight, just submit a KF retroactive claim form and indicate to credit PPS value only.

I've personally done this dozens of times... a little post trip hassle perhaps, but this ensures the miles are not incorrectly credited to KF as well.

Oh crap, why did I take so much time writing my answer, yours is the "don't beat about the bush" version :rolleyes:

kmcbrid2 Oct 2, 2013 12:38 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 21534649)

Originally Posted by Durian (Post 21534945)
Hi, let me bring a very practical answer to your question.
As far as I am concerned, trying to include FQTV "NZ FF No" Airpoint Dollars and FQTS "SQ FF No" $'s for PPS Status in the bookings has failed miserably numerous times in 2013, apparently because of my corporate travel agent (Amex) which seems unable to handle this.
Similarly, don't try to do this at checkin, whether in Changi or abroad, ground staff (SQ or contractors) simply don't know how to do.
You will waste time and it will get on your nerves.

I've started with an empty LH M&M account exactly 6 months ago and yesterday I reached the 100k for SEN. The way it (actually) worked is as follows, 2 solutions that both work for me:
1. call PPS couple of days before the flight, they can arrange the double dip NZ-SQ PPS (and they are more skilled with the system apparently)
OR
2. do the whole KF-PPS thing (miles in your KF account and PPS $ in your PPS account) then after the flight email PPS asking them to transfer the miles only. It works, providing you're not in a rush, maybe 1-2 months to have the miles landing in your NZ account.
If solution 1 failed you still have #2.

As far as retroactive claims for past flights, yes you can (sound familiar ;) , at least on M&M, you can claim up to 6 months back but you have to provide the BP by snail mail (because it's a SQ BP).

Thanks for the info...

I have already received the miles into my UA account but want to get the PPS $ credit as I expect to fly a few more times in SQ in J.