Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

How to tell how full a flight is/seat change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2013, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Is there any technological way to tell how full a flight is on SQ prior to departure? Just wondering. I'm in a middle seat in the back back either way.

I have a seat. Is there anyway to change seat location? Based on empty row so I could have a whole row to my self? These things I dream about!

I've never flown SQ (and really excited about it!) so I'm not even sure how to check in or how much time prior to departure I can do that? I'm assuming day of departure at airport works?

Thanks for any logistical information.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 8:10 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Did you try going to manage bookings, log in and see the seat map? If there is a seat that is appealling select it!
Old Sep 26, 2013, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
When is this flight?
Old Sep 27, 2013, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Next month. I guess I have time to figure out how to log in.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Figure it out? How hard is it to log into the SA homepage, select manage bookings and enter your booking reference and name?
Old Sep 28, 2013, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by geminidreams
Figure it out? How hard is it to log into the SA homepage, select manage bookings and enter your booking reference and name?
Be nice, he is just asking, maybe he has never done it before.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 3:03 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Also - just so you're categorically certain - only someone who works for SQ can provide the exact availability for your flight. And even then - it's only a small percentage of people that work for the airlines.

You can often get an indication for general availability through experience / use of GDS or Expertflyer / seatmap when logging in - but airlines have come close to mastering the art of supply and demand / yield so even the most experienced of us can be taken by surprise. I've been bumped off a flight (not SQ) that was showing wide open in every fare bucket 24 hours before departure.

However, if you're in a middle seat currently, a - log in and b - if you can't change online call the airline. I'd rather be in aisle seat on an empty row than a middle seat - just in case you find yourself trapped at check in
Old Sep 30, 2013, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. We booked through a travel agent so I'm still unsure regarding all those numbers I need. Every airline is different regarding what you can and cannot see from your own account. I've been fooled a lot.

What is GDS or Expertflyer?

My agent recommended middle seat so I could sleep undisturbed without people crawling over me. I can sleep anywhere. I just don't want to get pawed in flight!
Old Sep 30, 2013, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheHawk2002
Thanks for the advice. We booked through a travel agent so I'm still unsure regarding all those numbers I need. Every airline is different regarding what you can and cannot see from your own account. I've been fooled a lot.

My agent recommended middle seat so I could sleep undisturbed without people crawling over me. I can sleep anywhere. I just don't want to get pawed in flight!
These are paid services that give you flight availability information and seating as well(it also shows which seats are available, blocked and taken).

expertflyer.com
Old Oct 3, 2013, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by TheHawk2002

I see your agent hasn't travelled much him/herself...

Take an aisle seat if you can.. or pay the extra $50 and get an emergency exit seat with extra legroom. I try to get the window seats so that I can lean on the wall.

Middle seats are great only if you have a strong bladder and only recommended if you are travelling with someone you know who is on the aisle seat so if you do need to go to the loo, you wouldn't mind stepping over him/her.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.