Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ award from regional Australia to regional New Zealand?

Old Apr 8, 2012, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Is it possible to redeem a Krisflyer *A award from regional Australia to regional New Zealand? e.g. LST-MEL-AKL-NSN?

Or is it possible to redeem from MEL to a Pacific Island?

Last edited by kiwibigdave; Apr 8, 2012 at 1:09 am Reason: added second question
Old Apr 8, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Yup, you can redeem on NZ and Virgin Australia I do believe
Old Apr 9, 2012, 2:00 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by kiwibigdave
Is it possible to redeem a Krisflyer *A award from regional Australia to regional New Zealand? e.g. LST-MEL-AKL-NSN?

Or is it possible to redeem from MEL to a Pacific Island?
Originally Posted by e-aviation
Yup, you can redeem on NZ and Virgin Australia I do believe
I think it could be somehow done, since both DJ and NZ cooperate, but I think it cannot be done as *A award - nobody from the *A flies to LST...
Old Apr 9, 2012, 6:17 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by vbroucek
I think it could be somehow done, since both DJ and NZ cooperate, but I think it cannot be done as *A award - nobody from the *A flies to LST...

LST-MEL on DJ ... 10,000 pts. MEL-AKL-NSN on NZ ... 12,500 pts.

OR buy fare LST-MEL (with long connection!) and use KF points MEL-AKL-NSN.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 8:46 am

Nope It would work this way ensure you have at least 10,000 points plus taxes in the Velocity Account for the sector to Melbourne and you can use your Kris Flyer for the NZ sectors and get the award there
Old Apr 9, 2012, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by LOLABUNNY
Nope It would work this way ensure you have at least 10,000 points plus taxes in the Velocity Account for the sector to Melbourne and you can use your Kris Flyer for the NZ sectors and get the award there
No you can definitely redeem KF miles on DJ for MEL-LST (not that it is necessarily the best use of them) or you can even redeem MEL-LST-AKL for 18,000 KF miles on DJ. Details can be found on SQ website.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 1:57 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by lokijuh
No you can definitely redeem KF miles on DJ for MEL-LST (not that it is necessarily the best use of them) or you can even redeem MEL-LST-AKL for 18,000 KF miles on DJ. Details can be found on SQ website.
MEL-LST-AKL does not even exist.... You'd have to do MEL-LST-MEL-AKL
Old Apr 10, 2012, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by vbroucek
MEL-LST-AKL does not even exist.... You'd have to do MEL-LST-MEL-AKL
Good pickup . Just testing that's all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.