Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Whats the best routing to MRU from the USA using KrisFlyer Miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!

I have 145K KrisFlyer miles (after I transfer them from Amex MR)....whats the best routing to MRU using SQ miles? (if any)....

Also is there a chance for a stop-over using these on my way to MRU?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 5:54 am

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
From which part of the USA?

If you book round trip, you are allowed one stop over.
For round trips, you are allowed 6 sectors in total so 2 stops per direction.

If from the west coast, I think you can fly trans pacific. Try LAX-SIN-JNB-MRU. This seems to be less than 1.5x the nonstop distance of LAX-SIN. But need to check by calling. Could be considered a back track.

From the east coast, I think you should take the non stop to JNB on SAA's flat bed. Or SQ first to Frankfurt then South African from there. You can try via Singapore but this is very likely considered a backtrack.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by SQueeze
From which part of the USA?

If you book round trip, you are allowed one stop over.
For round trips, you are allowed 6 sectors in total so 2 stops per direction.

If from the west coast, I think you can fly trans pacific. Try LAX-SIN-JNB-MRU. This seems to be less than 1.5x the nonstop distance of LAX-SIN. But need to check by calling. Could be considered a back track.

From the east coast, I think you should take the non stop to JNB on SAA's flat bed. Or SQ first to Frankfurt then South African from there. You can try via Singapore but this is very likely considered a backtrack.
I tried to give the agent your suggested routing, but he said there are no flights from JNB to MRU...which baffles me, cuz I thought SAA goes there...
Old Mar 31, 2012, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by mrx900
I tried to give the agent your suggested routing, but he said there are no flights from JNB to MRU...which baffles me, cuz I thought SAA goes there...
SAA do fly there! Maybe not everyday though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.