Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Quality of SQ Business Class Food & Beverage

Quality of SQ Business Class Food & Beverage

Old Mar 19, 2012, 1:07 am

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
For the Indian Vegetarian Meals, only Jet Airways is better, otherwise SQ has constantly offered the best meal for all my flights. Not even Air India matches that, in fact I try to fly SQ as much as possible only for the meals, knowing that I will get something to eat (Indian) for my flight
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by e-aviation
in fact I try to fly SQ as much as possible only for the meals
Interesting, I would base my airline choice on numerous other aspects from direct routes, flight times, aircraft types, hard product as in seat, avod, etc., lounges, mileage-accrual... but never just for the tray they put in front of me.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by SQPPS
My recent 380 flight SIN/LHR was also inedible both meals.

They even forgot to do satay service on the other side of the plane, leaving my seat mate having to ask thrice to be served. Finally he complained to the IFS.

The meal service on SQ is a far cry from what i used to be.

For the poster who said they have not ever had a restaurant quality meal - please try LX First and you very well may have one.
Completely unacceptable! Sadly, even in R, I have had pretty bad meals on the same route.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:33 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by aster
Interesting, I would base my airline choice on numerous other aspects from direct routes, flight times, aircraft types, hard product as in seat, avod, etc., lounges, mileage-accrual... but never just for the tray they put in front of me.
I assume it may depend on the length of the journey and the alternatives available but I've had some Indian colleagues indicate that the meal is an important consideration when they are flying. I guess some non-Indian carriers really don't quite get it right as far as Indian Veg food goes.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by e-aviation
For the Indian Vegetarian Meals, only Jet Airways is better, otherwise SQ has constantly offered the best meal for all my flights. Not even Air India matches that, in fact I try to fly SQ as much as possible only for the meals, knowing that I will get something to eat (Indian) for my flight
Hmmm... funny you mention the indian vegetarian. On my flights last month ex MEL then ex SIN the crew recommended against both special meals as they said they looked unappetizing. I tried them because I didn't fancy anything on the menu and they were right (the meals were a little on the bland side and were almost dried out. One meal I couldn't eat at all)

i agree Jet airways serves great veg meals!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:45 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
When you are only traveling SIN-DEL where SQ has significantly better timings than 9W, and SIN-YVR where the flying time can be as little as 18 hours, I would rather spend the extra 5 hours to know I would be given an excellent meal for all three meals on the flight, rather than be worried about my meals. Especially at ports like NRT or ICN, where I haven't even seen a McDonalds or any international fast food chain, but then again my stopovers aren't very long, so just stick to the lounge then gate option.

All flights on miles, so cost is no consideration, but saver availability is a must
Old Mar 23, 2012, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Singapore, Cathay, QANTAS, Delta, Velocity, Etihad
Second best airline food in the world apparently

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/activit...315-1v7to.html
Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:38 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by RBH58
Second best airline food in the world apparently
Economy food that is, at least according to the text of the article. Nothing about J/F food.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I have to admit their econ experience is extremely good. Choice of three mains, quite tasty, and I prefer their range of alcoholic beverages over LH biz even. They've nailed the Y experience spot on.

It's an entirely different story when it comes to their biz offering though...
Old Mar 27, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: AC
On the quality issue, has anyone had the Shrimps and Scallops with mustard sauce ex JFK with book the cook?

I normally like both shrimp and scallops, but am worried that the quality in the air might not be the same.

Thanks
Old Apr 1, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Improvement

Flew MEL-SIN-PEK on Mar 22 - meals on both legs excellent - big improvement from 1 month earlier - especially SIN-PEK leg which was almost in edible previous flt - maybe SQ are listening.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:33 am

gotta say my TPE-SIN was good.... but FRA-JFK was medicore...... coffee taste Cesar salad.....
Old Apr 2, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I've never had an airplane meal that beat a restaurant meal, regardless of airline, class of travel, destination, etc.

It is and always will be tray food. Reheated. Pre-packed.
Same here. I always wonder what people expect when they are in an aluminum tube 35000' in the air. As long as it is edible I am a happy camper.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by apodo77
Same here. I always wonder what people expect when they are in an aluminum tube 35000' in the air. As long as it is edible I am a happy camper.
Look at LH and LX. No problems there delivering a restaurant quality meal.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Singapore, Cathay, QANTAS, Delta, Velocity, Etihad
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Look at LH and LX. No problems there delivering a restaurant quality meal.
Not the sort of restaurants I like to eat at.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.