Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ A380 Business Class Seat Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2018, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Mlee888

Thanks, I was asking between row 96 and 97 on new
product though. Old doesn’t have a row 97 on upper deck.

I went for row 11 in the end. No extra space in A/K as legs still go into the corner for sleeping.
for new A380 only the middle pair at have extra legs room. Try to select non bassinet seat, as the TV was a bit high up.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by jjjohn
for new A380 only the middle pair at have extra legs room. Try to select non bassinet seat, as the TV was a bit high up.
Yes, I won’t be using row 11 in future on new A380. Too close to the galley.

will use the latter rows when I have the little one with me.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: Priority Club Pl, Marriot Gold, Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, TSA Pre✓
Loading of upper deck

We are considering flying business class on SQ - JFK to FRA to SIN and return by the same route in reverse. Equipment is listed as A380-800.

My wife cannot negotiate the stairs between the decks. Can we depend on jetway loading and unloading the upper deck at these three airports?

Old Jun 23, 2018, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by davidlhanson
We are considering flying business class on SQ - JFK to FRA to SIN and return by the same route in reverse. Equipment is listed as A380-800.

My wife cannot negotiate the stairs between the decks. Can we depend on jetway loading and unloading the upper deck at these three airports?

I have never had to use stairs to board upper deck. It’s not practical to have so many passengers board in one entrance and make them all go up and down the stairway with cabin baggage etc.

Ive always experienced a separate entrance to board onto the upper deck. Never used JFK or FRA but I have used A380 for SYD, LHR, SIN, BOM, HKG, NRT, and LAX in the past.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat

I rode in 96A and found the space to be adequate even with my bags tucked under the side of the seat. I found the noise not to be bothersome personally.
Is the 96 row worth it or better to grab somewhere away from galley?
Have an upcoming trip and i can book this one
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by dsched
Is the 96 row worth it or better to grab somewhere away from galley?
Have an upcoming trip and i can book this one
I was on the short flight between SIN and HKG, but for a night flight I would get the seat in the 2 rows before the emergency exit in the rear cabin since bulkhead windows don't provide the full bench anymore on the new A380. I like the smaller rear cabin but of course this was because there were no babies in the bassinet positions in bulkhead rows of this cabin. Note that there are 4 lavatories positioned between the two J cabins in the new A380.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: Velocity , Krisflyer , Qantas , AAdvantage
Hi Guys,

Quick question
I'm on SQ218 (Melb - Sin) Seats 18 d / f . what is the feedback for these seats? I don't believe this is a 'new' business class. Thank you
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Most of the comments I've read on the a380 new business class seem to pertain to either the configuration with F+C or all-C on the upper deck. Our flight is on a configuration with C+Y on the upper deck, a small C section (rows 11-16) at the front and then a larger C section (rows 17-27) between the front and middle doors.

As a couple, we're selecting the middle pair and I've read that the middle pair bulkhead seats have a bit more room because there is no curve from the seat in front. It is a day flight, so we will not sleep much, but might go to bed mode for a short nap.

The front bulkhead middle pair are bassinet seats so I would have to call, but I can select the middle pair bulkhead immediately behind the galley (18 D/F), is that a wise choice, or should I go for the cosier and quieter small front section?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Most of the comments I've read on the a380 new business class seem to pertain to either the configuration with F+C or all-C on the upper deck. Our flight is on a configuration with C+Y on the upper deck, a small C section (rows 11-16) at the front and then a larger C section (rows 17-27) between the front and middle doors.

As a couple, we're selecting the middle pair and I've read that the middle pair bulkhead seats have a bit more room because there is no curve from the seat in front. It is a day flight, so we will not sleep much, but might go to bed mode for a short nap.

The front bulkhead middle pair are bassinet seats so I would have to call, but I can select the middle pair bulkhead immediately behind the galley (18 D/F), is that a wise choice, or should I go for the cosier and quieter small front section?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I haven't flown it yet, but from all the research I have done, if you are seeing all J on the upper deck that is NOT the new business class A380 yet. I think only the seat map linked below (new F and new J on top deck) is the new business.

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...eck-4class.pdf
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by bkc6j
I haven't flown it yet, but from all the research I have done, if you are seeing all J on the upper deck that is NOT the new business class A380 yet. I think only the seat map linked below (new F and new J on top deck) is the new business.

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...eck-4class.pdf
Thank you.

I should have looked further. I jumped to the conclusion that they were upgrading all of them. What a letdown, but better now than when actually boarding. It is not until Feb, but I now I can't imagine that we'll see the new business class.

Actually, the layout I'm seeing for our flight (SQ619, KIX-SIN) is J+Y on the upper deck, as shown here:

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...380-4class.pdf

But I still have the same question, should I still go for a bulkhead for some extra legroom, or is being in the small forward compartment more important? The higher screen at the bulkhead would not be an issue for us, since we only set it to the flight tracking function.

Right now I've selected 18 D/F, the first row bulkhead in the larger rear section. I could call and see if they'll give us the basinet seats at 11 D/F with the caveat that we would be re-assigned if someone required the bassinet seats, or simply take 14 D/F in the middle of the front section.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:42 am

What are the chances of FRA getting new 380s put on the route later this year?
I would have thought it was one of their key routes?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: krisflyer pps
Hello. I'll be on SQ 308 to London and return on SQ 25 from Frankfurt. How or where can i check whether these 308s are newly configured? Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by dsched
What are the chances of FRA getting new 380s put on the route later this year?
I would have thought it was one of their key routes?
SQ has been very silent and slow at retrofitting.

Has any other city gotten the new seats besides LHR, HKG and SYD?

I'd assume /FRAJFK would be next, but the chose ZRH and PVG instead.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: Enrich
Posted this in another thread, but seeing that this is more of a A380 New J question, i'd like to post it here for advice.

I'm travelling from KUL - SIN - ZRH next year on the new A380 (SIN-ZRH segment) and returning from MUC - SIN - KUL on the A350 with my missus. it's an award booking and i don't have any status with SQ. Called the CS and managed to get 19D/F for MUC - SIN sector, she did not mention anything about the seat being bassinet nor inform that we may loose the seat. What are the chances of passengers requiring the use of bassinet on the flight?

For SIN - ZRH, i tried to request 96 D/F but she told me the seat is not open for selection yet..... seat only opens up for selection 48 hrs before flight. Ended up with a temporary 92 D/F.. should i request for 91 D/F which is shown on seatmap to be bassinet seats using the rationale of the A350 flight? Any issues with 91 D/F?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I'm about to book a KIX-SIN business segment in the new year, and I'm wondering if there's any compelling reason to book the 380 or the 787 over the other?

My schedule is pretty flexible, and I don't get a lot of opportunities to try "real" SQ business class.

Any thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.