Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ A380 Business Class Seat Questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:09 pm

It is entirely set up whilst at cruising altitude. For takeoffs and landings everything is stowed and seatbelts are on, everyone is upright, etc.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by katsgone79
It is entirely set up whilst at cruising altitude. For takeoffs and landings everything is stowed and seatbelts are on, everyone is upright, etc.
Fair enough, now my question seems dumb lol. In my head I was thinking they have to bring aboard a double-size blanket.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:40 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Fair enough, now my question seems dumb lol. In my head I was thinking they have to bring aboard a double-size blanket.
The same bedding is used for these seats as all the others. The 'double bed' is mostly a marketing gimmick. There's still somewhat of a partition. I've sat in the centre seats in row 11...still a nice way to fly of course. This page describes the 'double bed' accurately: https://mainlymiles.com/2018/01/09/r...usiness-class/
Old Sep 26, 2022, 11:03 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat; SQ PPS; AA Platinum
Made the same mistake on my recent flight and assume the bulkhead seats were equivalent to the A350 or other wide bodies that SQ flies! On my return I was able to snag Row 96, which has the "double bed" configuration with the wider foot rest. The seat is still rock hard vs. the old business, which I already felt was much less comfortable than the CX business seat, which I used to fly a lot.

I vented to the steward (as if it was his fault, poor guy) on what a significant downgrade the "new" business seat was. Generally will avoid "new" business and fly "old" business unless I am able to book a suite.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 11:59 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dickie98
Made the same mistake on my recent flight and assume the bulkhead seats were equivalent to the A350 or other wide bodies that SQ flies! On my return I was able to snag Row 96, which has the "double bed" configuration with the wider foot rest. The seat is still rock hard vs. the old business, which I already felt was much less comfortable than the CX business seat, which I used to fly a lot.

I vented to the steward (as if it was his fault, poor guy) on what a significant downgrade the "new" business seat was. Generally will avoid "new" business and fly "old" business unless I am able to book a suite.
Only the A380 has these seats so it's as simple as avoiding the A380...which is what I do when there are other suitable options.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 12:52 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat; SQ PPS; AA Platinum
Yeah, I was naďve in thinking I would possibly be able to upgrade into suites with miles. There was an option to top up with cash early on but I didn't take it (was "only" about $4k more return). Massive fail on my part, much prefer the older seat, with or without the wider foot cubby but definitely with the wider foot cubby.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:32 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
I don’t mind that aspect so much. What is a bit unfortunate is that the seat can feel narrow at times and the tray a bit flimsy / slanted. Seat does look nice tho optically.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:12 pm

Hello,
Reserved the centre seats in row 96. Hoping we have a good flight. What's the footfall like around this seat, ok?

Thanks
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Johnlr255
Hello,
Reserved the centre seats in row 96. Hoping we have a good flight. What's the footfall like around this seat, ok?

Thanks
Pre-covid, particularly on the JFK-FRA leg, these seats used to be the quietest. Although, flights are now fuller, I still find it ok in terms of footfall. You only have the galley behind you with one loo, limiting the no of people walking back somewhat. The main bank of loos are after row 91, which is where most people seated further forward head. Ofc, if you are a light sleeper all bets are off. FWIW, I always choose row 96 when travelling J on the 380 as I still prefer the relative secludedness of it.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by RayG
Pre-covid, particularly on the JFK-FRA leg, these seats used to be the quietest. Although, flights are now fuller, I still find it ok in terms of footfall. You only have the galley behind you with one loo, limiting the no of people walking back somewhat. The main bank of loos are after row 91, which is where most people seated further forward head. Ofc, if you are a light sleeper all bets are off. FWIW, I always choose row 96 when travelling J on the 380 as I still prefer the relative secludedness of it.
Hello,
Thanks for the very helpful reply, much appreciated.
​​​​
Old Oct 3, 2022, 2:23 pm

Thanks again for the information. Travelling with my partner in early December. Holding a LHR to SIN SQ booking in J, managed to reserve centre bulkhead row 96 seats. We also have a FRA to SIN SQ booking in F (full flex). Only been able to reserve row 3 suites (smaller and near galley?) and not the 1/2 row suites either side that can convert into a double suite. Been waiting to see if these suites get released nearer the flight, but looking more and more unlikely. Never flown SQ in either J or F, hoping either class will be a pleasant experience?
Old Oct 3, 2022, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Johnlr255
Thanks again for the information. Travelling with my partner in early December. Holding a LHR to SIN SQ booking in J, managed to reserve centre bulkhead row 96 seats. We also have a FRA to SIN SQ booking in F (full flex). Only been able to reserve row 3 suites (smaller and near galley?) and not the 1/2 row suites either side that can convert into a double suite. Been waiting to see if these suites get released nearer the flight, but looking more and more unlikely. Never flown SQ in either J or F, hoping either class will be a pleasant experience?
Great to hear. I hope you have great flights, but always good to temper your expectations

Re. your suites booking to SIN, it never hurts to ask at FRA if one of the double suites could be made available as you are travelling as a couple. However, there could well be other couples already booked on those seats. Even if not, pax travelling alone might prefer either rows 1 or 2 due to them being further away from galley and (slightly) larger footprint.

Size wise, I have tried all six of the suites, including row 3 -- while row 3 is smaller, it does not feel that much smaller to me. If you are a light sleeper, the proximity to the galley could be an issue, particularly as the galley on the F side is used to prepare the J meals.

Either way, hope you have a fab time!
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:50 pm

Great to hear. I hope you have great flights, but always good to temper your expectations

Re. your suites booking to SIN, it never hurts to ask at FRA if one of the double suites could be made available as you are travelling as a couple. However, there could well be other couples already booked on those seats. Even if not, pax travelling alone might prefer either rows 1 or 2 due to them being further away from galley and (slightly) larger footprint.

Size wise, I have tried all six of the suites, including row 3 -- while row 3 is smaller, it does not feel that much smaller to me. If you are a light sleeper, the proximity to the galley could be an issue, particularly as the galley on the F side is used to prepare the J meals.

Either way, hope you have a fab time!
Hello,
THanks for the information. Understood wrt expectations.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 11:57 am

i'm booked on award flight from FRA to JFK and was wondering how do you reserve the bulkhead? Looking at row 96 with my family. Does it open up 48 hour prior?
Old Oct 28, 2022, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by atojbk
i'm booked on award flight from FRA to JFK and was wondering how do you reserve the bulkhead? Looking at row 96 with my family. Does it open up 48 hour prior?
You either have to be SQ Gold, flying with an infant, or wait until I think 72 hours prior.
atojbk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.