SQ A380 Business Class Seat Questions

Old Nov 29, 18, 4:32 am

Hi, will be flying SQ business for the first time soon, which is a step upul Asim used to BA's business.

I'm the A380 LHR-SIN. In seat seat selection 96 is the last row, am I right in thinking that this means this is the 'old' cabin?

Based in a small amount of research, I have taken 96A. Is this a good choice?

Seatguru seeks to think the proximity to galley/toilets is a negative. Additionally, the middle seats on row 96 are greyed out....does this mean they are taken by travellers with children?

Thanks!
Old Dec 2, 18, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by Henk278 View Post
Hi, will be flying SQ business for the first time soon, which is a step upul Asim used to BA's business.

I'm the A380 LHR-SIN. In seat seat selection 96 is the last row, am I right in thinking that this means this is the 'old' cabin?

Based in a small amount of research, I have taken 96A. Is this a good choice?

Seatguru seeks to think the proximity to galley/toilets is a negative. Additionally, the middle seats on row 96 are greyed out....does this mean they are taken by travellers with children?

Thanks!

Yes, if row 96 is the last row then this is the all upper deck in the older cabin. Iíve sat row 96 plenty of times. Itís a really nice row to be in and very private. Noise is not that bad and yes, middle could be taken by parents with infants or blocked.
Old Dec 2, 18, 5:26 am

Programs: EBD
Originally Posted by Mlee888 View Post

Yes, if row 96 is the last row then this is the all upper deck in the older cabin. Iíve sat row 96 plenty of times. Itís a really nice row to be in and very private. Noise is not that bad and yes, middle could be taken by parents with infants or blocked.
What's the opinion on 96K in the NEW cabin layout? I will try it for the first time in a couple of weeks, unless the advise is to stay out of that row
Old Dec 2, 18, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
What's the opinion on 96K in the NEW cabin layout? I will try it for the first time in a couple of weeks, unless the advise is to stay out of that row
Itís Ok, tried both 96 and 97k before. No difference between the seats. All part of the same group of 8 with no extended space like the old cabin for the window seats / bulk head.

Never got to try the double bed though. Will try that next month.

If itís new cabin, I no longer try and get the elusive window seats anymore.
Old Dec 6, 18, 10:11 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Hi,

Is 16D and 16F an OK seat in new J on A380? My 8 year old daughter and my wife will be on those seats.I will be on the window seat on row 16.

Can those 2 seats be turned into a double bed?

Thanks,
K.
Old Dec 8, 18, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by k3nnis View Post
Hi,

Is 16D and 16F an OK seat in new J on A380? My 8 year old daughter and my wife will be on those seats.I will be on the window seat on row 16.

Can those 2 seats be turned into a double bed?

Thanks,
K.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/first-revie...ess-class-seat

This will give you the information you need.
Old Dec 9, 18, 3:52 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Thanks for that.
Old Dec 24, 18, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA Silver, AlaskaAir Gold, HHonors DIA, Accor Silver, Marriott Silver, IHG Plat, TK/UA/AA
Flying SQ 423 in paid business class (BOM-SIN, Configuration 1 on Seatguru so I assume oldest config-- also since it's a short flight I assume SQ wouldn't put a new version on this route). Great fares on this route BOM-SIN-LAX, only about US$1550 one way.

Question: Is the forward mini-cabin reserved for SQ Elites? Or is it just popular?
The rear cabin is 80% available, the forward mini-cabin is 100% full or blocked since I have no status with Star Alliance/SQ.
Thanks for any info. I'm currently in 22K which will be fine but curious about the disparity.
Old Dec 27, 18, 3:06 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA Silver, AlaskaAir Gold, HHonors DIA, Accor Silver, Marriott Silver, IHG Plat, TK/UA/AA
Bump

Bumping my question. Anyone? Thanks!

Originally Posted by kyushuman View Post
Flying SQ 423 in paid business class (BOM-SIN, Configuration 1 on Seatguru so I assume oldest config-- also since it's a short flight I assume SQ wouldn't put a new version on this route). Great fares on this route BOM-SIN-LAX, only about US$1550 one way.

Question: Is the forward mini-cabin reserved for SQ Elites? Or is it just popular?
The rear cabin is 80% available, the forward mini-cabin is 100% full or blocked since I have no status with Star Alliance/SQ.
Thanks for any info. I'm currently in 22K which will be fine but curious about the disparity.
Old Dec 27, 18, 6:00 am

Bumping my question. Anyone? Thanks!

Rows 11-12 are blocked, but the rest would be occupied rather than blocked.
Old Jan 18, 19, 8:55 am

Programs: KrisFlyer
Seats recommendation in A380 ver 3

Hi All,

I am travelling on SQ346 SIN-ZRH.

Any recommendation on Business class (2017 J version) seats? I was looking for seats with double bed (1st: 96D/F, 2nd: 11D/F, 3rd: 91D/F). However they are all blocked out.
Qn: When I used ExpertFlyer to check, it seems all these 3 seats are available. Is it because they need a higher elite class status to select the seats (i.e PPS or Elite Gold)?
Qn: Any seats recommendation other than the 96D/F, 11D/F, 91D/F for a couple travelling together? Please give in order of priority. Thanks
Old Jan 22, 19, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by stargold View Post
Rows 11-12 are blocked, but the rest would be occupied rather than blocked.
Actually for my flight 12/30 BOM-SIN, the entire front section was greyed out and only the second cabin was showing available seats. At the checkin window, I was able to book 11A, and actually the entire Row 11 was open for booking.
Upon boarding, Business Class was surprisingly empty: total of 24 pax for 60 seats. Service, obviously, was amazing.
Old Jan 23, 19, 2:30 am

Actually for my flight 12/30 BOM-SIN, the entire front section was greyed out and only the second cabin was showing available seats. At the checkin window, I was able to book 11A, and actually the entire Row 11 was open for booking.
Upon boarding, Business Class was surprisingly empty: total of 24 pax for 60 seats. Service, obviously, was amazing.
You can't tell from the SQ website whether a seat is blocked or occupied - it's going to show grey either way.

If you pull up the seatmap for that flight for a random date on EF, it's clear that they have chosen to block 11 and 12.

Most blocked seats are released when the flight is open for OLCI. Because of this, it's also not surprising that you were able to select it upon check-in, as no-one would have selected it previously.
Old Feb 10, 19, 6:02 am

Travelling on SQ25 FRA-SIN with husband. What do you recomend??

Iíve taken this flight as a solo Travellers and always try and grab a window (preferably on the A side) in the forward cabin. Never thought much about it.

Now as a couple would you book window seats in front of each other or middle seats next to each other ? This is not the New J cabin so no double bed.

Everyone seems to favour the bulk head seats due to the wide footrest. Are they worth it? In the front cabin they are already booked so i have us in row 18.
Would you Rather sit there in a bulk head or upfront with no bulkhead?
Old Mar 12, 19, 6:14 pm

SQ25 JFK-FRA-SIN

How are seats 14 D and F? I've read mixed reviews front cabin is hot but also a cold breeze from the stairs? Confused.

Is it true the IFE in the bulkhead seats will be smaller due to distance between seat and bulkhead?

Thank you for your time!