Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ A380 Business Class Seat Questions

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2016, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there currently a list of which 777-300 routes are serviced by the old business class and which ones are new? Or have all 777-300s completed retrofitting?
Old May 28, 2016, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by chandu2013
Hi all,

Travelling as a couple LAX-SIN. What are your seat recommendations? Currently have 18D and F...but cabin is pretty open at this point. Don't want 11 because of no windows (even if we are in the middle seats) and don't want to be too far behind, which is why Row 18 seemed best (the middle seats are bulkhead seats, and this is right behind the forward business cabin). Thoughts?
My wife and I sat in rows 21 and 26 today (26 from LAX-NRT and 21 for NRT-SIN) and it was fine. 18 has more space but nowhere to store your hand luggage in front of you during take off / landing. Screen a little far and you do have action by galley and a toilet in between this and the cabin in front.

We were originally in row 96 but had last minute aircraft change.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:56 am

So I'm looking to book flights from HKG to SIN (long work trip so bringing the whole family). As we are HKG based, we usually do CX, but I do prefer SQ Y seat/service on A380. As the wife will be 7 months pregnant, I want to get her a J seat. However, I've never flown SQ J on the A380 (only 772). I understand one complaint from some is that the A380 J seat doesn't recline much? I know there's at least a leg rest (though seems impossible to find a photo of seat fully reclined but not in bed mode). Anyhow, I think wife is looking forward to reclining comfortably the whole way with her feet up -- so want to make sure the seat is ok for this (she loves the CX J long haul seat). Any advice?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by flagler1
So I'm looking to book flights from HKG to SIN (long work trip so bringing the whole family). As we are HKG based, we usually do CX, but I do prefer SQ Y seat/service on A380. As the wife will be 7 months pregnant, I want to get her a J seat. However, I've never flown SQ J on the A380 (only 772). I understand one complaint from some is that the A380 J seat doesn't recline much? I know there's at least a leg rest (though seems impossible to find a photo of seat fully reclined but not in bed mode). Anyhow, I think wife is looking forward to reclining comfortably the whole way with her feet up -- so want to make sure the seat is ok for this (she loves the CX J long haul seat). Any advice?
This guy has a video from upper deck a380. I can't recall if he does a full shot of the seat in recline mode but at some point he does walk through the cabin. Worth a shot to see if it's what you're looking for.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kisYfMyCFyg
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:44 pm

Mlee888 -- thanks for the link. Looks like there's a quick shot of the leg rest up. Still hard to say -- but hopefully it will be ok.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by flagler1
I dont think the J recline is comfortable with the A380. Your feet in my opinion are not high enough on footrest. Putting them on the other foot stool thing makes you sit on a weird angle.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 5:46 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I dont think the J recline is comfortable with the A380. Your feet in my opinion are not high enough on footrest. Putting them on the other foot stool thing makes you sit on a weird angle.
I vaguely recall the new J seat reclining so that the legrest lines up with the footrest letting you put your feet up. I don't think the same works for the old J seat on the A380, however.

That being said, I think if flagler1 makes sure their wife has a bulkhead seat, she'll be able to put her legs up comfortably regardless of where the legrest is.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:09 am

Thanks all!
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by chisquared
I vaguely recall the new J seat reclining so that the legrest lines up with the footrest letting you put your feet up. I don't think the same works for the old J seat on the A380, however.

That being said, I think if flagler1 makes sure their wife has a bulkhead seat, she'll be able to put her legs up comfortably regardless of where the legrest is.
I was on one last week. I assume it was older. My foot was squished between foot rest and the fixed leg rest. Stupid design. Hope i get new seats soon.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I was on one last week. I assume it was older. My foot was squished between foot rest and the fixed leg rest. Stupid design. Hope i get new seats soon.
Sorry, do you mean between the legrest and fixed footrest? In SQ J, the place where you rest your feet (the cubbyhole, for non-bulkhead seats) is fixed, and the legrest isn't (it moves up as you recline your seat).

In any case, this is why I suggested booking a bulkhead, which should make putting your feet up on the footrest easier when reclined (instead of trying to contort your legs into possibly weird angles into a cubbyhole).
Old Sep 4, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: KF
For SQA380, all business seats on the upper deck ( I was on SQ25 JFK-SIN two weeks ago), i tried to seat hopping as the load is very light esp on FRA-SIN. I was looking for bulkhead. Please avoid bulkhead 17A or 17K, its almost beside the galley. I settled on 91A, and then moved to 91K since we are just two in that cabin.the other one is on 92A . I asked the flight attendant to closed the curtain, and she happily obliged.well it became like a private cabin .

So bulkhead 92A/K for single travellers indeed.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 11:33 pm

I am booked on SQ217 (2pax) and originally it was planned to be a 77W but now it appears to be on a 388. I had seats 11D/F booked and I'm surprised they stuck after the equipment swap.

I read through the thread and the only complaint I see is that there might be a draft, so I'm not particularly worried. SQ217 is a day flight, so sleeping is not super important, but since it's at the bulkhead is the IFE screen in the armrest or is it at the wall?

First time in SQ J, quite excited
Old Nov 8, 2016, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by malmostoso
I am booked on SQ217 (2pax) and originally it was planned to be a 77W but now it appears to be on a 388. I had seats 11D/F booked and I'm surprised they stuck after the equipment swap.

I read through the thread and the only complaint I see is that there might be a draft, so I'm not particularly worried. SQ217 is a day flight, so sleeping is not super important, but since it's at the bulkhead is the IFE screen in the armrest or is it at the wall?

First time in SQ J, quite excited
On the wall. It may not matter to you but there are no windows in row 11.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Nickolash27
On the wall. It may not matter to you but there are no windows in row 11.
Thank you!

Yes, I noticed the lack of windows discussed in this thread, it won't be an issue.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Just grabbed 21A and 16K for JFK-FRA-JFK, very excited for my first longhaul flight on SQ. With 16K being in front of the galley will it be bothersome or noisy? It is a daytime flight so I don't plan to sleep much anyway. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.