Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Will SQ ever allow partner programs to book F/J ?

Will SQ ever allow partner programs to book F/J ?

Old May 14, 2012, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
SQ will continue to fly planes with empty J and C class. They have had very strict upgrade policies for years and I don't see that changing. I think the problem is their FF redemption rates / upgrade rates are really absurd when using KF miles, and until they rectify that with their primarily customer base, it is unlikely they would do the same with global customer base.

..[/url]
The thing is that people in Singapore will drop $9K for a return to Europe in Business class without a blink. So that's why SQ is tight on these policies.
Old May 14, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by maxmin
Nose spites face? Or sound economics?
Economics will only come into the picture when they need it (more losses are needed for them to need it).

Last edited by DHalltheway; May 14, 2012 at 12:36 pm
Old May 14, 2012, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
The thing is that people in Singapore will drop $9K for a return to Europe in Business class without a blink. So that's why SQ is tight on these policies.
Of course they would, due to the high concentration of HNW and UHNW domestically and next door tapped.

However, what is becoming more obvious to many traditional SQ flyers is that EK, EY, and QR are eating into this customer base by providing a better pricing, better quality of F&B, better redemption options, and comparable service standards. These airlines are pillaging away many of SQ's HVC with the backing of cheap fuel!

Last edited by DHalltheway; May 14, 2012 at 12:42 pm
Old May 14, 2012, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VS Gold
Economics will only come into the picture when they need it (more losses are needed for them to need it).
Funny, my "nose spites face" post has vanished. Must have offended some bigwig.
Old May 14, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by General_Flyer
I dream the day that PPS, OZ Plat, HON Circle, 1K and others to become Star Alliance Platinum...
Yeah, would also mean every 1k could get into the FCT at FRA One reason this won't happen IMO
Old May 14, 2012, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by scnzzz
Yeah, would also mean every 1k could get into the FCT at FRA One reason this won't happen IMO
Thats a LH question. They only let LH F and SQ F passenger into the FCT at FRA
Old May 14, 2012, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
Since when?
Old May 14, 2012, 4:24 pm

Other *A F pax only have J lounge access at FRA. As far as I know, it is their rules. Just like only SQ F have access to Private Room
Old May 14, 2012, 5:03 pm

I see the comment that SQ is allowing UA MP members to use UA miles to redeem J and F on SQ from SFO to HKG? How do I check online? A website only show me UA availability? CAlled in and nothing the agent could see? Was it a joke that the redemption was available?
Old May 14, 2012, 5:24 pm

To me it is only a myth. If one person get to redeem UA miles on SQ F, it doesn't mean everyone can.
Old May 14, 2012, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VS Gold
It reminds me of a chinese restaurant in Riyadh I used to go to.

The last item on the menu, after the Heavenly Duck and the Divine Pork, was the Mythical Fish (literally).

You could order it, but it never came.

(PS - Obviously it wasn't pork but the names were similar)
Old May 14, 2012, 11:53 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Originally Posted by scnzzz
I said I dream.. Doesn't mean it will happen..

AFAIK, only LH F pax gets to use FCT..

Originally Posted by eriond
Since when?
Me too...
Old May 15, 2012, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by maxmin
The last item on the menu, after the Heavenly Duck and the Divine Pork, was the Mythical Fish (literally).
Holy Pig!

ROTFLOL!
Old May 15, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov

However, what is becoming more obvious to many traditional SQ flyers is that EK, EY, and QR are eating into this customer base by providing a better pricing, better quality of F&B, better redemption options, and comparable service standards. These airlines are pillaging away many of SQ's HVC with the backing of cheap fuel!
But most of the Middle Eastern airlines depart or come back at unearthly hours, whereas SQ arrivals and departures are at more reasonable hours
Old May 15, 2012, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
SQ F pax do not have access to the LH FCT or any LH FCL. They are only for LH group F pax.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.