Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Will SQ ever allow partner programs to book F/J ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will SQ ever allow partner programs to book F/J ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2012, 5:20 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by JetAway
I'll bet almost no one pays "full price" to sit in those suites. And they will be re-placed by a larger number of "regular" First seats in less than five years. The suites are a gimmick which haven't paid for themselves. Lots of pax like them but a significant minority feels as if they are riding in a crate.
One time I was in the EK lounge at LHR and overheard a lady on her mobile phone speaking in a Singporean accent. She told her friend how much "cheaper and better" EK A380 First Class is compared to SQ's and that she dosen't mind the extra stop in DXB.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:35 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by daniellam
..She told her friend how much "cheaper and better" EK A380 First Class is compared to SQ's and that she dosen't mind the extra stop in DXB.
She probably got lucky and ended up in one of the few suite style F cabins EK operates. Not one of the many hulls which are still out there and whose only optimization is "being cheap".
..speaking in a Singporean accent.
It is a full scale dialect, not so much of an accent .
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: Centurion, Lan Platinum, ANA Mileage Club, HHonors D, SPG G
Originally Posted by daniellam
One time I was in the EK lounge at LHR and overheard a lady on her mobile phone speaking in a Singporean accent.
That must've been annoying as hell!
Old Jan 18, 2013, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
SQ may be blocking off the 77W and A388 but I have noticed that the 773 flights do have F available every now and then.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by merc1234
SQ may be blocking off the 77W and A388 but I have noticed that the 773 flights do have F available every now and then.
Really, I've only seen that on one route so far... certainly not SYD-SIN for example.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Really, I've only seen that on one route so far... certainly not SYD-SIN for example.
The ANA tool is showing some F availability on SQ 408 (SIN-DEL).
Old Jan 18, 2013, 8:15 pm

Yep... that's the one route. I think CGK also had, but it's gone now.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
But on this route J awards are frequently released for flights operated by the non ER 777-300s.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
But on this route J awards are frequently released for flights operated by the non ER 777-300s.
I was referring to F awards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.