KrisFlyer Gold: 50k or 75k?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:25 pm
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
KrisFlyer Gold: 50k or 75k?

Hi all,

Couldn't find a FAQ about KF in general in here... I thought there was a sticky?

Anyway, I just reached silver on KF last week and when checking my account online, me Elite miles have been reset to zero.... stating that I need 25k to maintain Silver and 50k to reach Gold... But that means I need 75k to reach Gold (my already earned 25k + the "necessary 50k" to get Gold).
The meter is showing zero Elite miles...

I always thought it would take me an extra 25k after reaching Silver to attain Gold, am I wrong? All my other programmes (M&M, M&B) work that way...

I find it weird that it resets EVERY time I reach the next level?

Or is that another glitch from SQ's website?....

***EDIT*** nevermind I think I found the answer myself...
KrisFlyer Elite Gold status will be yours when you achieve 50,000 Elite miles in any class of service on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir or any Star Alliance airline during your Elite Silver membership year.

So we need 75k to reach Gold but only 50k to maintain status?

Now I wonder if I shouldn't just stick with M&M....
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
It used to be 25 would get you silver and once you get the next 25K you would be gold. The wording was always strange and confusing to the point where I emailed SQ about it and they confirmed that 50K total would get you gold status. This was a few years ago and I have since lost my SQ status so I cannot confirm this is 100 percent correct now.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: QPPS, IHG Spire Elite Royal Ambassador, HH Diamond
Depends on when you register your KF membership. If it's after 2005, you can attain gold status if you achieve 50k within your annual membership renewal month. If it's before 2005, your membership will renew on every 1 Apr, which means if you can hit 50k by 31 Mar within 1 year, you can get your gold status. If not, it'll be 50k within 1 year from the month you achieve your silver status.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 8:45 pm

As long as it's within your qualification window, you just need another 25k once you achieve silver. It's tracked in the background.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nick C
As long as it's within your qualification window, you just need another 25k once you achieve silver. It's tracked in the background.
That's where I'm confused... Nisse, above, confirms what I understood... hitting 50k after reaching Silver which means a total of 75k miles for Gold.

But you're saying 25k extra after reaching Silver (which makes the total 50k).

Looking at my account, I see that my Elite Miles is back down to zero, with a little notch half way up that reads To renew Elite Silver status: 25,000 and another notch at the end of the meter that reads To qualify for Elite Gold: 50,000

All this in addition to the 25k I already flew...
Old Jan 30, 2012, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by enelym1978
That's where I'm confused... Nisse, above, confirms what I understood... hitting 50k after reaching Silver which means a total of 75k miles for Gold.

Looking at my account, I see that my Elite Miles is back down to zero, with a little notch half way up that reads To renew Elite Silver status: 25,000 and another notch at the end of the meter that reads To qualify for Elite Gold: 50,000

The system automatically bumps you to a new qualification window the moment you hit silver. So what you are seeing now is quite right.

Do take note that SQ still tracks your process in the backend based on the original qualifying window. So as long as you accumulate the required 25k in the original window, they will automatically bump you to gold.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:14 am

For example, if you registered as a KF member in Mar 11 and you have just attained silver status in Jan 12. To get KF gold, you have to either

1. get another 25k mileage by end Mar 12

OR

2. get another 50k mileage by end Jan 13

Hope my explanation helps.

Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:41 am
Original Poster

OK so I have until end of May 2012 to score 25k more miles to get Gold? yay haha. Ok errrrr let's see how it goes
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:39 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, SPG Gold, PriorityClub Gold, HHonours Gold, GoldenCircle Gold
Info above are sort of incorrect. Need 25K to be elite sliver, where u are now. Qualification now starts for elite gold which requires 50K, thereafter 50K every year to maintain status.

Both sliver n gold are different phase, so technically wrong to say 25 + 25 for gold. 25 to hit first phase, 50k to reach the second, all of them within a year each.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Yeah I think it's a mix of everything that was said

I re-read the Gold status requirements and if I'm correct, since my *S is valid until January 2013, I have until that date to hit 50,000 Elite miles.
Meaning I just need an extra 25k, correct?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:45 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Yeah I think it's a mix of everything that was said

I re-read the Gold status requirements and if I'm correct, since my *S is valid until January 2013, I have until that date to hit 50,000 Elite miles.
Meaning I just need an extra 25k, correct?
Nope, if your *S is valid till Jan 2013, then since I do believe they give you one month extra (???), you have 50,000 miles to accumulate till December 2012 to earn Star Gold. Your other qualification window would end at the date you signed up for KF membership, within that qualification period you would need another 25,000 miles. So it's 50,000 miles from either the date (day/month) you joined KrisFlyer or 50,000 miles 1 year from qualifying for Elite Silver
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Wow ok..... 25k until May 20, 2012. I think I can do it ^
Old Feb 2, 2012, 6:15 am

Programs: SQ Gold, SPG Gold, PriorityClub Gold, HHonours Gold, GoldenCircle Gold
Put in another way, your first 25k makes u ES and that is now history. That is why your elite miles were reset. You now have to earn another 50k to hit EG. There is another way, by invitation. If SIA identify you as a potential frequent flyer, they may upgrade u before you accumulate 50k. Usually a few would be that lucky as with my frd, with 36k and receive a complimentary upgrade to EG.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 9:03 am

Wow ok..... 25k until May 20, 2012. I think I can do it ^
Good Luck ^^^
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Macallan21
Put in another way, your first 25k makes u ES and that is now history. That is why your elite miles were reset. You now have to earn another 50k to hit EG. There is another way, by invitation. If SIA identify you as a potential frequent flyer, they may upgrade u before you accumulate 50k. Usually a few would be that lucky as with my frd, with 36k and receive a complimentary upgrade to EG.
Doesn't work that way. The 36k was probably accumulated within the original qualifying window. SQ doesn't give free statuses or invitations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.