Community
Wiki Posts
Search

saver awards from USA?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:35 am
Original Poster

saver awards from USA?

I just got off the phone from SQ. I was asking what dates might they have saver awards available from the US to SIN in business. Answer - none! Only standard awards from USA. This seemed odd, as they are shown wait list for the dates i have been looking at, and just trying to find dates / wait for seats to open. Now i know better.

Booking in Economy is worthless on awards, the taxes and fees are $200 less than the cheap ticket price! For 100K points seems like a rip off....
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: SQ
That's why you always put your miles in a program where they will be useful....like US's program.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 1:57 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Why not just waitlist for a saver award? If you have plenty of time to travel (or even if not), it is worth at least trying for. I have no experience with US based bookings - but I know ex-SIN I have succesfully waitlisted and managed to ticket and take a J saver award to SYD on the A380 - about 3-4 weeks from travel. Plus booking online gets a 15% discount (vs phone booking).

A lot of flights don't allow saver waitlisting, but occassionally some do, and if they do allow it, there's always a chance of it coming through!

Last edited by lokijuh; Jan 29, 2012 at 5:29 pm
Old Jan 29, 2012, 5:36 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Sometimes they release saver seats on the 380, 773ER and 345 by accident - and this is usually well reported by flyertalkers; so keep an eye out for that!

I managed to sneak in a 57.5K J Saver booking from EWR-SIN last year thanks to this site!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.