Business to F/R Upgrades

Old Oct 31, 11, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum
Business to F/R Upgrades

I am scheduled to fly LAX-NRT, stopover, NRT-SIN on the A380 and 77W in J. I am not very familiar with SQ policies...are cash upgrades generally available at the airport? I am taking the SIN-LAX nonstop on the way back and for some reason was unable to combine F/R LAX-NRT-SIN with J SIN-LAX on the way back in, otherwise I would have booked it as I had preferred to fly it.
Old Oct 31, 11, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UnitedF1RST View Post
I am scheduled to fly LAX-NRT, stopover, NRT-SIN on the A380 and 77W in J. I am not very familiar with SQ policies...are cash upgrades generally available at the airport?...
SQ only does cash upgrade by paying fare difference. It can be done at airport but refaring and reissuance can take up to one hour, you need to be at airport ticket coutner (not check-in counter) at least two hours prior.
Old Oct 31, 11, 11:58 pm

Programs: LH FTL
The reprice will be for the entire journey as well LAX-SIN-LAX, so even if you fly back SIN-LAX in J or R, it wont make a difference
Old Nov 1, 11, 9:58 am

Programs: *G, QR Silver
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
SQ only does cash upgrade by paying fare difference. It can be done at airport but refaring and reissuance can take up to one hour, you need to be at airport ticket coutner (not check-in counter) at least two hours prior.
Does this mean, there's generally no special pricing for counter upgrades from Y to J, but basically fare difference only?
Old Nov 1, 11, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Benjamin Tan View Post
Does this mean, there's generally no special pricing for counter upgrades from Y to J, but basically fare difference only?
No, not generally. There is never any special pricing for airport upgrades. You can only pay fare difference to upgrade. This only makes sense for passengers on business trips when company pays for C/Y and passengers pay fare difference at his/her own expense to upgrade to F/C.
Old Nov 2, 11, 7:39 pm

Programs: *G, QR Silver
No, not generally. There is never any special pricing for airport upgrades. You can only pay fare difference to upgrade. This only makes sense for passengers on business trips when company pays for C/Y and passengers pay fare difference at his/her own expense to upgrade to F/C.
Thanks! And this would be for SIA only?
Old Nov 2, 11, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks! And this would be for SIA only?
That's what this thread is about. Some airlines offer flat rate upgrades from some airports from time to time, but not SQ. I think TG is the only Asian airlines which offers flat rate upgrades.
Old Nov 5, 11, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Absolutely no cash/discounted upgrades. SQ works hard to have outstanding premium cabins and the carrier consistently strives to protect its high yields in these classes.
Old Nov 13, 11, 7:54 pm

Programs: ConU 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, *wood Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Question

So can you upgrade from Y to C using miles?
Thanks
Old Nov 14, 11, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BDLORD View Post
So can you upgrade from Y to C using miles?
Thanks
Yes, of course. But they cannot process it at airport, only through Krisflyer Service Center. Airport ticket counter may be able to call Krisflyer Service Center for you, but you are better off requesting it in advance.

https://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/pps...radeCharts.pdf

Last edited by TerryK; Nov 14, 11 at 7:12 am
Old Nov 14, 11, 1:03 pm

Programs: ConU 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, *wood Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Yes, of course. But they cannot process it at airport, only through Krisflyer Service Center. Airport ticket counter may be able to call Krisflyer Service Center for you, but you are better off requesting it in advance.

https://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/pps...radeCharts.pdf
Cheers
Old Dec 17, 11, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum
Just an update on this little issue, I could not find a fare online for LAX-SIN in J and SIN-LAX in R without it pricing the whole trip in R/F. However a SQ phone agent was able to put it together for me, at a substantial savings! Heading out tomorrow!

Just a question, is the entertainment system on the A345 J and the A380 R the same? Is there still iPhone connection in R?

Search this Thread