Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

LAX-SIN Do economy seats include ipod connection? are snacks free?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Couple questions for you experts,

I will be flying next month LAX-SIN in economy,

1.) Does each economy seat come with ipod connection outlet from which I can play movies on the personal tv in front of me (streaming from ipod) or just listen to music?

2.)Are snacks included free of charge? if so, what are some examples of items i can ask for?

3.) how comfortable are the seats for sleeping? do you recommend a pillow rest?

thanks ))
Old Oct 26, 2011, 2:45 am

LAX-SIN.. via where? NRT?

The only non-stop flight doesn't HAVE Economy class!!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 4:52 am

Programs: *G, QR Silver
Originally Posted by odom4president
Couple questions for you experts,

I will be flying next month LAX-SIN in economy,

1.) Does each economy seat come with ipod connection outlet from which I can play movies on the personal tv in front of me (streaming from ipod) or just listen to music?

2.)Are snacks included free of charge? if so, what are some examples of items i can ask for?

3.) how comfortable are the seats for sleeping? do you recommend a pillow rest?

thanks ))
Hi odom,

If you're flying LAX-SIN on SQ by economy, chances are you are on the LAX-NRT-SIN route and on the A380.

To answer your questions:

1) If I'm not mistaken, A380 seats have no iphone or ipod connectivity. Only USB connections. That said, SIA has undoubtedly one of the world's best inflight entertainment system, so you won't be bored on board.

2) All food and drinks are free on board SIA flights. Definitely an advantage over all US airlines. For economy, depending on availability, you would have fruits, or instant noodles, or hot snack pies or chocolate bars. Just ask nicely and you won't be disappointed. The crew are always obliging and friendly. 99.99% of the time.

3) The seats are the gripes I have with SIA. I've only flown the A380 twice but I find them thin and poorly padded. Do bring a pillow rest if you can. The legroom is ok for an average person.

I'll be taking the same route at the end of the year. Update me on your experience!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Benjamin Tan
2) All food and drinks are free on board SIA flights. Definitely an advantage over all US airlines. For economy, depending on availability, you would have fruits, or instant noodles, or hot snack pies or chocolate bars. Just ask nicely and you won't be disappointed. The crew are always obliging and friendly. 99.99% of the time.
There are meals (which aren't too bad), plus a basket of snacks you can pick from between meals. Small sandwiches, chips, candy, noodles are options.

3) The seats are the gripes I have with SIA. I've only flown the A380 twice but I find them thin and poorly padded. Do bring a pillow rest if you can. The legroom is ok for an average person.
What I really liked about the A380 seats is that they are wide for coach seats, 18 inches even with the monitor in the armrest. The UD is a very pleasant place to fly, quiet and not too crowded. I found $50 to be well spent on the premium seats, but I like to get out my computer and work and I really hate it when people recline into me. All P seats on the upper deck and 48D are in pretty low traffic areas (there is not quite enough room to pass easily in front of row 81, so people tend not to).
Old Oct 26, 2011, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trooper
LAX-SIN.. via where? NRT?

The only non-stop flight doesn't HAVE Economy class!!

I should have been more clear, its LAX-TOKYO-SIN

And it is the A380.

thanks for all the replies!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Hi odom,

If you're flying LAX-SIN on SQ by economy, chances are you are on the LAX-NRT-SIN route and on the A380.

To answer your questions:

1) If I'm not mistaken, A380 seats have no iphone or ipod connectivity. Only USB connections. That said, SIA has undoubtedly one of the world's best inflight entertainment system, so you won't be bored on board.

I'll be taking the same route at the end of the year. Update me on your experience!
you mention the A380 has USB connection, does that mean I could charge my ipod using my USB cable?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by odom4president
you mention the A380 has USB connection, does that mean I could charge my ipod using my USB cable?
Yes.^
Old Nov 2, 2011, 3:14 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Emirates Skywards, various others (inactive)
the snacks are 'free' because you've already paid for them in the cost of the ticket haven't flown that route in a while but my impression from LHR-SIN is that SQ has scaled back the frequency of their snack rounds in the past few years, where the stewards/stewardesses walk up and down the aisles with a tray of snacks. if you do get hungry just press the attendant button, or walk to the designated snack galley. they usually have some fruit, sandwiches/filled buns, small bags of potato chips and some chocolate on offer.

IIRC the seats should also have in-seat power (somebody please correct me if i am wrong!), european or american plugs should be fine. you'll need an adapter if you have singaporean / british 3-pin plugs though.

personally i find SQ Y/economy seats very comfortable for sleeping in. the provided pillow isn't particularly fluffy (have yet to find a fluffy one to be honest!) so i use it as a lumbar cushion. depending on how much neck support you want, one of those microbead type neck pillows might be good. if you can help it, spring for a pair of (your own) noise-cancelling headsets. they make a BIG difference on a long flight

Last edited by phlogiston; Nov 2, 2011 at 3:19 am Reason: added an answer to OP about sleeping in Y seats

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.