Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redeem krisflyer miles?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2011, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Redeem krisflyer miles?

Hi, just wondering if I could earn miles from my flights with SQ from July 2011?
Thanks
Old Oct 16, 2011, 7:28 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Maybe a little more details would help us help you.

E.g. what class of ticket? (not all earn KF miles), Are you a KF member? Do you still have the boarding pass? And what do you what to redeem the miles for?
Old Oct 16, 2011, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Hi, it was economy, I don't have KF yet but if I can get them I would like to try and get return to HKT from MEL! I don't have all boarding passes but have some
Old Oct 16, 2011, 7:38 pm

So.. you flew with SQ in July.. and you hope to retrospectively get the miles credit for those flights?

To use for a MEL-HKT return?

That seems to "cost" 27,500 miles each way at Saver level... so 55,000 return....

If you flew that far in Y in one month I take my hat off to you...
Old Oct 17, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Like mentioned above unless you flew in Business, first, or suite class. I don't think you have enough miles.

Some boarding pass does not help your cause

Anyways if you don't even know the fare class of the ticket we can't really comment because, as I said above not all ticket class is eligible for mileage.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:28 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Just curious but how far back do airlines allow retro-active crediting of miles? Say the OP flew in July and signs up now for KF and wants to claim those miles...?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by enelym1978
Just curious but how far back do airlines allow retro-active crediting of miles? Say the OP flew in July and signs up now for KF and wants to claim those miles...?
Normally it is 6 month on most airline programms incl. Krisflyer.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Ben170292
Hi, it was economy, I don't have KF yet but if I can get them I would like to try and get return to HKT from MEL! I don't have all boarding passes but have some
What routes did you fly ?

It would also depend on your ticket... not every ticket earns miles. Some cheap fares earn ZERO miles. You'd have to dig up your ticket info and find out what class of service was booked on, and fare etc. Then we may be able to point you in the right direction or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.