Wait listed

Old Oct 12, 11, 5:18 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Munich, Taipei
Programs: AB Gold, TK Elite
Posts: 179
Wait listed

Currently I'm wait listed from Auckland-SIN on the 18. of December.
I just checked expertflyer and they say that nothing is available in Y at all -_- So how are my chances of getting it cleared?
Does it take long? Because I need to book my flight from SIN to Taipei and it would be great to get a reply from SQ as soon as possible.
Unfortunately I don't have any status with *A
And how can I increase my chances of getting a seat as it looks quiet bad right now
Any advice would be great right now

Cheers
mcmichi is offline  
Old Oct 12, 11, 6:20 am
  #2  
Ambassador: Air New Zealand
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wellington NZ
Programs: NZ Gold, EK Gold, Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Accor Gold
Posts: 1,268
There are seats on SQ298 CHC-SIN on 19 & 20 Dec 2011. Connect from AKL-CHC on NZ513 dep 7:50 arr 9:10 a grabaseat fare is available of $99.
WLG Base is offline  
Old Oct 12, 11, 6:40 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Munich, Taipei
Programs: AB Gold, TK Elite
Posts: 179
Originally Posted by WLG Base View Post
There are seats on SQ298 CHC-SIN on 19 & 20 Dec 2011. Connect from AKL-CHC on NZ513 dep 7:50 arr 9:10 a grabaseat fare is available of $99.
Cheers for the advice. But I already hold a ticket from Akl to Sin.
Can I change the routing?
And another problem is that I need to take the red-eye flight, so I can arrive in Sin in the morning as I have a connecting flight to Taipei.
mcmichi is offline  
Old Oct 12, 11, 11:01 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SIN
Programs: SQ TPP7, NZ*E, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
Posts: 41
No chance

There are no Y seats +/- 3 days of the 18th on either of the two SQ flights. So i'd say the chances are very low
SqKiwi is offline  
Old Oct 14, 11, 12:41 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Little dot on map
Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Posts: 25,737
Dec is still a long way away (well, in airline terms). I believe SQ will clear as and when the time is nearer as they know that you're connecting on to TPE (with them) !

I'd say your chances are high to clear the waitlist.
Guy Betsy is offline  
Old Oct 15, 11, 3:28 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Munich, Taipei
Programs: AB Gold, TK Elite
Posts: 179
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
Dec is still a long way away (well, in airline terms). I believe SQ will clear as and when the time is nearer as they know that you're connecting on to TPE (with them) !

I'd say your chances are high to clear the waitlist.
I havent booked my flight from SIN to TPE yet. So my chances will increase if I fly with them? If it will, I will book my flight from SIN to TPE on SQ.
As now I'm considering flying CI C Award ticket. So is it worth spending the extra 1000 SGD?
mcmichi is offline  
Old Oct 15, 11, 3:43 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Little dot on map
Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Posts: 25,737
If you're buying a ticket from AKL to SIN, I would say by extending it to TPE would be a lot cheaper than buying a seperate SIN-TPE sector !
Guy Betsy is offline  
Old Oct 16, 11, 1:29 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Munich, Taipei
Programs: AB Gold, TK Elite
Posts: 179
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
If you're buying a ticket from AKL to SIN, I would say by extending it to TPE would be a lot cheaper than buying a seperate SIN-TPE sector !
I actually bought a FRA-AKL ticket with a stopover in SIN. So I can go back to TPE. So is it possible to call SQ and tell them to extend with my ticket?
mcmichi is offline  
Old Oct 18, 11, 9:26 am
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Little dot on map
Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Posts: 25,737
Originally Posted by mcmichi View Post
I actually bought a FRA-AKL ticket with a stopover in SIN. So I can go back to TPE. So is it possible to call SQ and tell them to extend with my ticket?
Then no.
Guy Betsy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread