Wiki Posts
Search

Wait listed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2011, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AB Gold, TK Elite
Wait listed

Currently I'm wait listed from Auckland-SIN on the 18. of December.
I just checked expertflyer and they say that nothing is available in Y at all -_- So how are my chances of getting it cleared?
Does it take long? Because I need to book my flight from SIN to Taipei and it would be great to get a reply from SQ as soon as possible.
Unfortunately I don't have any status with *A
And how can I increase my chances of getting a seat as it looks quiet bad right now
Any advice would be great right now

Cheers
Old Oct 12, 2011, 5:20 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
There are seats on SQ298 CHC-SIN on 19 & 20 Dec 2011. Connect from AKL-CHC on NZ513 dep 7:50 arr 9:10 a grabaseat fare is available of $99.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WLG Base
There are seats on SQ298 CHC-SIN on 19 & 20 Dec 2011. Connect from AKL-CHC on NZ513 dep 7:50 arr 9:10 a grabaseat fare is available of $99.
Cheers for the advice. But I already hold a ticket from Akl to Sin.
Can I change the routing?
And another problem is that I need to take the red-eye flight, so I can arrive in Sin in the morning as I have a connecting flight to Taipei.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:01 pm

Programs: SQ TPP7, NZ*E, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
No chance

There are no Y seats +/- 3 days of the 18th on either of the two SQ flights. So i'd say the chances are very low
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Dec is still a long way away (well, in airline terms). I believe SQ will clear as and when the time is nearer as they know that you're connecting on to TPE (with them) !

I'd say your chances are high to clear the waitlist.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Dec is still a long way away (well, in airline terms). I believe SQ will clear as and when the time is nearer as they know that you're connecting on to TPE (with them) !

I'd say your chances are high to clear the waitlist.
I havent booked my flight from SIN to TPE yet. So my chances will increase if I fly with them? If it will, I will book my flight from SIN to TPE on SQ.
As now I'm considering flying CI C Award ticket. So is it worth spending the extra 1000 SGD?
Old Oct 15, 2011, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you're buying a ticket from AKL to SIN, I would say by extending it to TPE would be a lot cheaper than buying a seperate SIN-TPE sector !
Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
If you're buying a ticket from AKL to SIN, I would say by extending it to TPE would be a lot cheaper than buying a seperate SIN-TPE sector !
I actually bought a FRA-AKL ticket with a stopover in SIN. So I can go back to TPE. So is it possible to call SQ and tell them to extend with my ticket?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mcmichi
I actually bought a FRA-AKL ticket with a stopover in SIN. So I can go back to TPE. So is it possible to call SQ and tell them to extend with my ticket?
Then no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.