Wiki Posts
Search

prices BKK-SIN-AMI (mix SQ/MI)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2011, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A
prices BKK-SIN-AMI (mix SQ/MI)

In early Nov (3 to 7), I have a trip planned to AMI (Lombok) from BKK.

If I try and book on SQ.com, I get only a very high Y fare (in the 2,000 USD range). This appears to be a YY fare, from what I can see on EF - no other, real fares are listed.

Now, our TA here in BKK said that SQ is awaiting a new fare from MI, which should be avail. next week and that right now, they cannot provide me with a fare for this trip.

Where there through-fares available in the past and what were they approx? Or would anyone be able to give a rough price estimate on what I can expect next week (I know, glassball question).

If I book this itin on separate tickets (BKK-SIN and SIN-AMI) now, it would be around USD 680. Wondering if I should gamble a bit and wait for a throughfare next week? Or would it likely be higher/not much cheaper anyhow

Thanks!
Sebastian

ps: I know that I land late at SIN on 7th, so have to stay until 8th to fly to BKK -- but there's worse that a night out in Singapore...
Old Oct 5, 2011, 2:15 am

Flights to Lombok can be expensive.Have you looked at flying to Bali and going across on the ferry.Its all of 12 miles.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A
Thanks for the idea but I had ruled that out earlier. Since I am joining a group of friends from SIN for a organized Mt. Rinjani Hike, I really want to be arriving/departing on the same flight with them (which is MI).
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:52 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Book online? Sounds wrong that the fares are not out. SQ are good like that normally.

Although you have to break down the sectors to get anything resembling a good deal. MI is always so expensive on the AMI flights. Here's to a bit a of competition with the new airport....

Personally I can't hack speedboats from Bali - Lombok / Gili - always massively rough, and you can be assured that it's never as safe as you'd like!

I *know* that you are meeting friends, but should SQ/MI prove to be untenable costwise you have single change options you have TG/GA via DPS on way out (night in Bali on return..) or GA via CGK.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 6:47 am

little notice for AMI. AMI ist now closed. New Airport is Bandara International Airport near Praya.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.