Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Lounge at LHR for *G connecting SQ to SQ codeshare on VS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2011, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold

I'm a UACO *G coming into LHR on SQ322 from SIN in Y and connecting to a VS-operated SQ-coded flight to the US, also in Y (yes, my backside hurts already). Does SQ (or any other operator) consider the SQ codeshare a continuing Star Alliance flight and allow lounge access as a *G? If not, what's my best option for burning ~8 hours, even if I have to pay (I like showers, possibly a workout, liquor and internet)? Thanks.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 1:59 pm

Status match to BD Gold and use the VS lounge as a Y passenger.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Status match to BD is not possible as UA/CO is Star Alliance.

Got any friends down under? Status match to Velocity and get into the Virgin Clubhouse lounges gratis. But hurry - status match promo ends 30th Sep.

http://www.velocityrewards.com.au/co...tion/index.htm
Old Oct 2, 2011, 11:40 am

Programs: No more shiny cards -- former LH SEN, SPG Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by PVDProf
I'm a UACO *G coming into LHR on SQ322 from SIN in Y and connecting to a VS-operated SQ-coded flight to the US, also in Y (yes, my backside hurts already). Does SQ (or any other operator) consider the SQ codeshare a continuing Star Alliance flight and allow lounge access as a *G? If not, what's my best option for burning ~8 hours, even if I have to pay (I like showers, possibly a workout, liquor and internet)? Thanks.
I quite genuinely feel bad for you with that itinerary.

My bolding -- can I suggest 2 things:

• Vallium; and
  • Vodka (indulge that passion for hard liquor)

If you care to, then maybe you might want to try the Yotel at LHR ? It is landside in T4 at least you'll get a chance to have a relaxing shower and a sleep http://www.yotel.com

Best of luck with the trip
Old Oct 5, 2011, 12:51 am

Similar Dilemma

A few months back i was caught in a similar situation.

I landed at LHR on SQ322 travelling in J Class on a through ticket connecting to VS5 to MIA. We landed well ahead of time at about 5am. I couldnt get checked straight through in Singapore, so i went looking for a check in desk at the T3 transfer desk in order to pick up my boarding pass. But as my Miami flight was departing at 11.50am none of the Virgin check in desks were open.

I wandered round and no one was able to help. So then i went looking for a lounge. But the Virgin Clubhouse lounge didnt open until 07.30, neither did the Singapore Airlines lounge. NOt much else to do other than go to Starbucks and buy a paper.

After cruising the shops for an hour, I found someone from Virgin who said i could use the Arrivals lounge so I decided to go out and offically "Arrive" - as I have a British Passport.

However I was denied access as I wasn't PPS, I was ONLY *G.

So I went back to the main check in desks to see if someone else could help me. Eventually, i chekced in and by then it was 07.30 and the Clubhouse was open.

So a word of warning. Even though they were selling the SQ/VS as a through ticket, there is defnitely a gap in providing services to transiting customers as none of the lounges were open. I tried getting in the other *A lounges, but becasue I was on a Virgin flight (codeshare all the same), they refused to let me in.

But when i did get into the Clubhouse lounge, I was very impressed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.