FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   From which European countries does SQ offer the best return biz fares to SIN? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1258896-european-countries-does-sq-offer-best-return-biz-fares-sin.html)

aster Sep 14, 2011 11:57 am

From which European countries does SQ offer the best return biz fares to SIN?

With econ flights it used to be the UK, but biz fares from LHR seem quite steep.

Any ideas?

NA-Flyer Sep 14, 2011 12:07 pm

Try PRG or WAW. However, you have to connect via FRA or ZRH.

aster Sep 14, 2011 12:35 pm

Unfortunately SQ's site won't allow you to choose those two cities, even though I know for a fact that SQ has codeshare flights to WAW.

Even the old SQ site didn't list those cities so this is not a new problem associated strictly with the site "facelift".

anaidross Sep 14, 2011 1:25 pm

Athens.

demue Sep 15, 2011 3:51 am

As mentioned Athens should be fairly competitive and I have also seen special fares from IST (if you want to count it into Europe) in the 2.1K Euro range RT (for IST-SIN-IST).

Guy Betsy Sep 15, 2011 4:20 am

If you care to go to IST, then you should at least consider CAI !

aster Sep 15, 2011 4:35 am

I just checked for mid-next month and saw very little availability from Athens, and a price that wasn't enticing either. Hmm...

It's also worth keeping in mind that they have the old C seats (Spacebeds) from ATH. Still better than LH C, but when paying I think I'd got for the new biz seats (Spacebeds are great for redemptions though).

pogonation Sep 15, 2011 7:12 am

Try ZRH on the A380 by booking the LX codeshare through LX. I saw that quite a few people booked mixed cabin Y out C return and visa versa for 1500 euro so maybe you can get a decent price on C return ^

djjaguar64 Sep 15, 2011 8:45 am

But doesn't SQ use the older planes for IST and CAI route?

Guy Betsy Sep 15, 2011 8:49 am

Originally Posted by pogonation (Post 17113405)
Try ZRH on the A380 by booking the LX codeshare through LX. I saw that quite a few people booked mixed cabin Y out C return and visa versa for 1500 euro so maybe you can get a decent price on C return ^

Best deal for this is actually departing from UK ... to SIN via ZRH. Ticket must be booked in Z class and segments are married so you know what that means.

Return Fare in business class is EUR 1867 base + tax

aster Sep 15, 2011 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 17113917)
Best deal for this is actually departing from UK ... to SIN via ZRH. Ticket must be booked in Z class and segments are married so you know what that means.

Return Fare in business class is EUR 1867 base + tax

Guy, how would I go about booking this one online? Not through the SQ site I take it? :)

djjaguar64 Sep 15, 2011 11:53 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 17113989)
Guy, how would I go about booking this one online? Not through the SQ site I take it? :)

A TA would be your best bet.

SASDC8 Sep 15, 2011 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by aster (Post 17113989)

Or Swiss.com if travel are some time away.

ilovetravel78 Sep 15, 2011 3:14 pm

Hi Guy Betsy,
That's on SQ ticket stock right so one will get PPS value?
Or is it on LX ?
Thanks.

Guy Betsy Sep 15, 2011 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by ilovetravel78 (Post 17116157)
Hi Guy Betsy,
That's on SQ ticket stock right so one will get PPS value?
Or is it on LX ?
Thanks.

Its on LX stock. So no PPS value.