FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   SQ.com Waitlist Award Booking Suddenly Got Confirmed (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1258454-sq-com-waitlist-award-booking-suddenly-got-confirmed.html)

CX100Silver Sep 13, 2011 10:20 am

SQ.com Waitlist Award Booking Suddenly Got Confirmed

Hi all,

Just want to share my experience today...

My wife & I had been on waiting list on SQ490 SIN-IST on 5Nov Biz Class Saver Award redemption, but did not get confirmation. I am a bit flexible on travelling date, so I was checking on SQ.com tonight to see which date can have 2 seats available during that week.

Basically, I found that between 03-08Nov, there was no availability for 2 seats. But only on 04Nov, there was 1 seat left (I tried to do dummy search for 1 pax also). Logically, 04Nov flight should have a higher chance to get waitlist cleared for 2 pax... So, I was trying to book on 04Nov. Since there was only 1 seat left and I needed 2 seats, so of course the system showed "waitlist" when I was booking the flight. However, on the next step, the website asked me for the credit card payment for tax! I felt a bit strange because booking on "waitlist" flights should not need the payment yet. But anyway, I typed in my credit card & other details and clicked the "next" button. Then suddenly on the next step, it showed my wife and I were both "Confirmed" on this flight.

I thought this was the new SQ website mistake etc... However, I had received the automatic confirmation email with e-ticket issued from SQ! And I checked "My miles" on SQ.com, the points had beed deducted from my account! So, I guess this booking must be confirmed already with no error...?

Did anyone also experienced this before? Did SQ do it on purpose that to clear waitlist automatically if there is 1 seat left while you are booking for 2 pax..?

Now, I am a happy guy!!!

Cheers,

CX100silver

yw1248 Sep 13, 2011 1:39 pm

Don't worry, it is not an error. SQ does this all the time (well, not every time, but I saw it a few times), even to flight that is on waitlist for 1 pax. In case that it is not cleared when you book, as a KF Gold, you get cleared on the following Mon if the flight isn't too full.
I even experienced an agent popped over to his supervisor to release a seat over the phone on a near full flight.

demue Sep 13, 2011 11:42 pm

well happy for you and yes it can happen. Had the same scenario before where it first showed waitlist and then almost instantly released and confirmed a seat.

In other cases it can take a while though. I have been waitlisted for 2 seats on an Eco Saver one-way DPS-SIN for weeks already and no movement. Flight is in mid-2012 only so not an issue, just SQ being stingy with award seats around Singapore public holidays.