SIN-DEL fares in Y

Old Sep 6, 11, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
SIN-DEL fares in Y

Why is SQ charging S$1000 for these flights whereas TG and the others, AI and Jet charge half that amount? And all this in Y.
Old Sep 6, 11, 7:59 am

Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, Marriott/HH Gold, IC Amb, Hertz PC
Who cares? Got US miles?
Old Sep 6, 11, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I've got miles and I booked my dad for the PVG-SIN segment in J using miles(30000) so did not want to spend 50000 AE miles for the SIN-DEL segment in Y.
Old Sep 6, 11, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Originally Posted by djjaguar64 View Post
Why is SQ charging S$1000 for these flights whereas TG and the others, AI and Jet charge half that amount? And all this in Y.
MUSTAFA !!

SQ has cheap fares to India.. problem is that you must book with local travel agent in Singapore. SQ own website for some reason does not have such fares..
Old Sep 6, 11, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
MUSTAFA !!

SQ has cheap fares to India.. problem is that you must book with local travel agent in Singapore. SQ own website for some reason does not have such fares..
Oh really but will it be mileage accruable? Thats a great idea, gee why didn't i think of it. Thanks GB.
Old Sep 6, 11, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

What would be the lowest mileage accruing class?

D, S, Y, B, E, M, H, W, L, K, U
Old Sep 6, 11, 11:27 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
MUSTAFA !!

From my experience thats not the case. My local TA can only see the published SQ fares on the SQ website. Mustafa may help you out with other airlines such as AI or 9W.

And why are they so expensive? Non-stop is only Jet and Air India, and who is going to travel on Air India? Arguably, Jet may be considered better, but SQ for Singapore Locals is still generally considered far better than Jet. All the others are one stop on a 5 hour flight, so that isn't really attractive either
Old Sep 6, 11, 2:45 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
For AI, it is obvious. For Jet less so, but Singaporeans do love their SQ. When the company is paying many would opt for SQ anyway, despite the price. For TG and any others with a stop, it adds quite a bit of time.

I don't know about DEL, but my experience with SQ flights to BOM is that they run pretty full in Y. Last Friday I flew SIN-BKK-BOM in Y on TG. The BKK-BOM sector had enough passengers in the Y cabin to fill a much smaller plane than the A330 they were using .... that is a Saab prop ... I counted 34 pax in the Y cabin (service was great and I had three whole rows to myself!). I needed to do TG for status run, but it wasn't that cheap, and had difficulty getting onto the flights, because SIN-BKK was quite full.
Old Sep 7, 11, 9:36 am

Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, Marriott/HH Gold, IC Amb, Hertz PC
I've got miles and I booked my dad for the PVG-SIN segment in J using miles(30000) so did not want to spend 50000 AE miles for the SIN-DEL segment in Y.
30K US miles for a roundtrip SIN-DEL in business. 100% buy miles bonus until 15 Sep. Do the math. You're probably better off even if you ditch the return.
Old Sep 7, 11, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Savage25 View Post
30K US miles for a roundtrip SIN-DEL in business. 100% buy miles bonus until 15 Sep. Do the math. You're probably better off even if you ditch the return.
Got it, I must be slow. Can I use my miles to book for my dad?

Last edited by djjaguar64; Sep 7, 11 at 10:02 am
Old Sep 7, 11, 10:07 am

You should be able to get SQ for a SIN-DEL flight for around 700 SGD or so but none of those are mileage accruable, that's how SQ operates out of Singapore.
I've flown AI out on the same route and found them to be decent although they are delayed at times but i guess still better than flying without mileage. I'm not sure if AI miles can be accrued on KrisFlyer as they seem to have a tie-up.

BTW in my personal experience Mustafa doesnt offer you anything cheaper than what you can figure out on the internet, just need to be a bit creative
Old Sep 8, 11, 2:06 am

Programs: QF WP (OWE) | Hyatt Globalist | HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Savage25 View Post
I've been planning to buy up some US miles before their 100% bonus expires. Here's a question to the wise people here. How easy is it to find availablity on SQ that can be booked using US miles. And where does one look for that availability (I'm guessing ANA/Air Canada FF booking tool ?)
Old Sep 8, 11, 3:04 am

SQ availability is ok in the Economy but a bit tough on Biz and First.

Best way to check up availability would be to use either KVS or ANA/AC websites and then call up US to book. Hope that helps.
Old Sep 14, 11, 5:48 am

Programs: QF WP (OWE) | Hyatt Globalist | HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by planensimple View Post
Best way to check up availability would be to use either KVS or ANA/AC websites and then call up US to book. Hope that helps.
What Fare Bucket needs to be available for a partner redemption ticket to be booked?
Old Sep 14, 11, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

There is availability, but SQ is only giving out the lousy 2am flight out of SIN. Unfortunately I will not be able to book for my dad using the promo US AIR miles as a new account has to be active for 12 days before any miles can be purchased. That is too bad, i will end up buying the miles at the regular rate for him. I will book Y class on the 7pm for the outbound and on the 7:55am on the inbound in J class using the points.

Search this Thread