New KF Gold lounge in T2

Old Aug 21, 11, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
New KF Gold lounge in T2

Just visited the new KF Gold lounge in T2. Pretty much feels like the KF T3 lounge. There are NO toilets or shower in the lounge!

The SATS lounge in T2 is no longer a Star Gold lounge. This means that there are no more showers in Singapore available for Star Gold passengers traveling in economy class. Horrible!

Some pictures available via my blog.
Old Aug 21, 11, 11:27 pm

SQ mgt was thinking about saving $$$. I would say that *A probably dictated minimum service standards like F&B but that did not include showers. I think it is only fair SQ offer to other *A Gold cardholders the same access other airlines offer to SQ KF Gold, which is the same lounge and service offered to their own Gold card holders. Not to create another reduced service lounge.
Old Aug 22, 11, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by calvinoeh View Post
..Pretty much feels like the KF T3 lounge. There are NO toilets or shower in the lounge!

The SATS lounge in T2 is no longer a Star Gold lounge..
Well done! Changi is morphing rapidly into a third grade regional airport.

They probably have so much trouble with the idiotic security at the gate paradigm (aka no drinks on the plane and zero amenities while listening to the excuses why the plane is boarding so late) that they need some way to expel the people from the lounge ahead of time.

And what better way to do this than rendering the lounge unpleasant?
Old Aug 22, 11, 10:41 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by poopbunny View Post
SQ mgt was thinking about saving $$$. I would say that *A probably dictated minimum service standards like F&B but that did not include showers. I think it is only fair SQ offer to other *A Gold cardholders the same access other airlines offer to SQ KF Gold, which is the same lounge and service offered to their own Gold card holders. Not to create another reduced service lounge.
What happened to "exceeding your expectations"?

Mind you, even UA offers more benefits to SQ*S than SQ does to their own KF Silver members.
Old Aug 23, 11, 12:04 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Has anyone noticed if there is still a smoking area within the lounge? I know, I know...it is bad....
Old Aug 23, 11, 7:19 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
There was never a smoking area in the SATS Premier lounge nor is there one in the KrisFlyer Gold lounge in T3. The only smoking areas provided inside any lounges were in the SilverKris lounges in T2 before the refurbishment.
Old Aug 23, 11, 9:34 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I go through SIN much, that was what I was asking, sorry if I wasn't clear. So now I know the smoking lounge didn't survive the remodel.
Old Aug 24, 11, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon View Post
I go through SIN much, that was what I was asking, sorry if I wasn't clear. So now I know the smoking lounge didn't survive the remodel.
I've been of the belief the best smoking 'lounge' was outside near the entrance of the T3 SKL.

Search this Thread