FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   New KF Gold lounge in T2 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1250214-new-kf-gold-lounge-t2.html)

calvinoeh Aug 21, 11 10:25 pm

New KF Gold lounge in T2
 
Just visited the new KF Gold lounge in T2. Pretty much feels like the KF T3 lounge. There are NO toilets or shower in the lounge!

The SATS lounge in T2 is no longer a Star Gold lounge. This means that there are no more showers in Singapore available for Star Gold passengers traveling in economy class. Horrible!

Some pictures available via my blog.

poopbunny Aug 21, 11 11:27 pm

SQ mgt was thinking about saving $$$. I would say that *A probably dictated minimum service standards like F&B but that did not include showers. I think it is only fair SQ offer to other *A Gold cardholders the same access other airlines offer to SQ KF Gold, which is the same lounge and service offered to their own Gold card holders. Not to create another reduced service lounge.

weero Aug 22, 11 12:44 pm


Originally Posted by calvinoeh (Post 16967911)
..Pretty much feels like the KF T3 lounge. There are NO toilets or shower in the lounge!

The SATS lounge in T2 is no longer a Star Gold lounge..

Well done! Changi is morphing rapidly into a third grade regional airport.

They probably have so much trouble with the idiotic security at the gate paradigm (aka no drinks on the plane and zero amenities while listening to the excuses why the plane is boarding so late) that they need some way to expel the people from the lounge ahead of time.

And what better way to do this than rendering the lounge unpleasant?

toyotaboy95 Aug 22, 11 10:41 pm


Originally Posted by poopbunny (Post 16968172)
SQ mgt was thinking about saving $$$. I would say that *A probably dictated minimum service standards like F&B but that did not include showers. I think it is only fair SQ offer to other *A Gold cardholders the same access other airlines offer to SQ KF Gold, which is the same lounge and service offered to their own Gold card holders. Not to create another reduced service lounge.

What happened to "exceeding your expectations"? :rolleyes:

Mind you, even UA offers more benefits to SQ*S than SQ does to their own KF Silver members.

Penguinmoon Aug 23, 11 12:04 am

Has anyone noticed if there is still a smoking area within the lounge? I know, I know...it is bad....

Strawb Aug 23, 11 7:19 am

There was never a smoking area in the SATS Premier lounge nor is there one in the KrisFlyer Gold lounge in T3. The only smoking areas provided inside any lounges were in the SilverKris lounges in T2 before the refurbishment.

Penguinmoon Aug 23, 11 9:34 am

I go through SIN much, that was what I was asking, sorry if I wasn't clear. So now I know the smoking lounge didn't survive the remodel.

dsquared37 Aug 24, 11 8:49 am


Originally Posted by Penguinmoon (Post 16977536)
I go through SIN much, that was what I was asking, sorry if I wasn't clear. So now I know the smoking lounge didn't survive the remodel.

I've been of the belief the best smoking 'lounge' was outside near the entrance of the T3 SKL.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:16 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.