Australia -> India, SQ C vs TG F?

Old Aug 19, 11, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Australia -> India, SQ C vs TG F?

I am interested in booking a *A award from Australia/New Zealand to India next year. The specific cities don't matter too much, but my goal is to take the entire trip in F.

The good news is that I'm planning this trip way far in advance, and the flights won't actually be until Dec 2012.

The bad news is that I can barely find any F availability (using NH/CO/AC websites) even 12 months out in July 2012 (which is as far forward as I can see from now).

I was hoping to be able to fly SQ F for at least one of the legs, but with the A380/777ER blocked for redemption, finding F seats on the remaining planes looks quite impossible.

So I am considering my options here. There is some availability on Thai Airways in F from SYD -> BKK -> DEL. I can either take that, or go for a redemption in C on Singapore Airlines from SYD -> SIN -> DEL, which would let me fly the A380.

So, the question is, given the choice, what would you prefer? Thai Airways First Class or Singapore Airlines Business Class?
Old Aug 19, 11, 11:07 pm

Hard product the SQ C seat is very nice and 1-2-1 wideness rivals the F offering of some other carriers, but F is F. SQ is nice, but not a whole class nicer.

Search this Thread