Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Kris lounge: Wife has Business Class ticket, Husband has Economy ticket. ROP

Kris lounge: Wife has Business Class ticket, Husband has Economy ticket. ROP

Old Aug 19, 11, 12:20 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8
Question Kris lounge: Wife has Business Class ticket, Husband has Economy ticket. ROP

Can the husband accompany the wife into the lounge? (Husband didn't want to spend the money on the Business Class seat, so he's in Economy.)

I remember years ago, I went into some First Class lounge with my father even though I had an economy ticket. We weren't even travelling on the same airplane but our flights happened to be on the same day around the same time -- and I was allowed into the lounge with him because I was "family." Alas, that was many years ago...

Anyway, this is specifically for Houston --> Moscow --> Singapore --> Maldives (and then the return). So any of the lounges along the way.

And if it's not possible in the Kris lounge, is it possible in another Star Alliance lounge?

I appreciate any insight/advice. Thank you!
Pinklily is offline  
Old Aug 19, 11, 1:54 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brisbane
Programs: *G
Posts: 497
Is your wife *G? If so, then you can, if not, no.
lee_apromise is offline  
Old Aug 19, 11, 11:37 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 238
By the rule, no , you will not be allowed. However, I have seen it ever so often that it depends quite alot upon the person who meets you at the counter. They can be the main deciding factor whether to make an exception or not
sumayya is offline  
Old Aug 19, 11, 11:42 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: LH FTL
Posts: 658
The last time we tried it, we were denied. But again YMMV
aviationp is online now  
Old Aug 19, 11, 1:42 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by lee_apromise View Post
Is your wife *G? If so, then you can, if not, no.
What is *G? (Sorry for my ignorance. I've never flown Singapore Airlines before. Hmm... I'm assuming that because of that, I am not *G...???)
Pinklily is offline  
Old Aug 19, 11, 1:43 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by sumayya View Post
By the rule, no , you will not be allowed. However, I have seen it ever so often that it depends quite alot upon the person who meets you at the counter. They can be the main deciding factor whether to make an exception or not
So perhaps a big smile and friendly attitude will help get my husband into the lounge?
Pinklily is offline  
Old Aug 19, 11, 1:47 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by e-aviation View Post
The last time we tried it, we were denied. But again YMMV
Ahhh drat! I was hoping for some "We tried it and it worked" responses.

I know it's a longshot, though.
Pinklily is offline  
Old Aug 19, 11, 2:02 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orlando, FL, US
Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Posts: 3,605
Originally Posted by Pinklily View Post
What is *G? (Sorry for my ignorance. I've never flown Singapore Airlines before. Hmm... I'm assuming that because of that, I am not *G...???)
Gold status on any Star Alliance airline.
djk7 is offline  
Old Aug 19, 11, 2:49 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by djk7 View Post
Gold status on any Star Alliance airline.
Ahh yeah that's what I thought it was (of course, figured this out after I posted my clueless response lol).

Sadly, no, I'm not Gold status. Although after this trip, I'll be pretty close to it -- but that doesn't count!
Pinklily is offline  
Old Aug 19, 11, 8:09 pm
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Little dot on map
Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Posts: 25,737
Originally Posted by Pinklily View Post
..

And if it's not possible in the Kris lounge, is it possible in another Star Alliance lounge?

I appreciate any insight/advice. Thank you!
The Krisflyer lounge is for *A Gold members. So if he's not one, he can't get in that one or another Star Alliance lounge. You (the wife) who is holding a Business Class ticket can access any lounge you wish wish.
Guy Betsy is offline  
Old Aug 19, 11, 11:32 pm
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
The Krisflyer lounge is for *A Gold members. So if he's not one, he can't get in that one or another Star Alliance lounge. You (the wife) who is holding a Business Class ticket can access any lounge you wish wish.
I thought so (about my own access into the lounges). I was hoping he could piggy-back in on the basis of my ticket... But it looks like this is not likely. I guess my entrance (based on my father's First Class ticket) of many years ago was a fluke or they were more lenient back then.
Pinklily is offline  
Old Aug 20, 11, 3:21 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: LH SEN, VA Plat, BA Gold
Posts: 465
If I'm not mistaken, First Class ticket holders have the ability to guest someone into the lounge - however unfortunately not for Business class passengers
im.daniel is offline  
Old Aug 20, 11, 5:04 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,121
Originally Posted by im.daniel View Post
If I'm not mistaken, First Class ticket holders have the ability to guest someone into the lounge - however unfortunately not for Business class passengers
That's right. There is a difference between First and Business!
aurigakb is offline  
Old Aug 20, 11, 5:19 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Jakarta
Programs: AC Elite / CX Diamond/ GFF Gold / SPG Platinum / Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 13
Leaving SIN - HKG about a year ago, my parents accomplished this. My dad was flying in Business class, (which I got him on my air canada miles), my mom had pre-booked her ticket on economy, to visit me.

But my dad was able to get my mom into the lounge at t3. He said the door keeper, normally doesn't allow people. But as their senior citizens, I think he allowed my mom to accompany my dad.
duckBill is offline  
Old Aug 20, 11, 11:40 am
  #15  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by duckBill View Post
Leaving SIN - HKG about a year ago, my parents accomplished this. My dad was flying in Business class, (which I got him on my air canada miles), my mom had pre-booked her ticket on economy, to visit me.

But my dad was able to get my mom into the lounge at t3. He said the door keeper, normally doesn't allow people. But as their senior citizens, I think he allowed my mom to accompany my dad.
Good to know someone accomplished this task!

Alas, we're not senior citizens... But it is good to know that someone was able to do this recently.
Pinklily is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread