FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Kris lounge: Wife has Business Class ticket, Husband has Economy ticket. ROP (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1249321-kris-lounge-wife-has-business-class-ticket-husband-has-economy-ticket-rop.html)

Pinklily Aug 18, 2011 11:20 pm

Kris lounge: Wife has Business Class ticket, Husband has Economy ticket. ROP

Can the husband accompany the wife into the lounge? (Husband didn't want to spend the money on the Business Class seat, so he's in Economy.)

I remember years ago, I went into some First Class lounge with my father even though I had an economy ticket. We weren't even travelling on the same airplane but our flights happened to be on the same day around the same time -- and I was allowed into the lounge with him because I was "family." Alas, that was many years ago...

Anyway, this is specifically for Houston --> Moscow --> Singapore --> Maldives (and then the return). So any of the lounges along the way.

And if it's not possible in the Kris lounge, is it possible in another Star Alliance lounge?

I appreciate any insight/advice. Thank you!

lee_apromise Aug 19, 2011 12:54 am

Is your wife *G? If so, then you can, if not, no.

sumayya Aug 19, 2011 10:37 am

By the rule, no , you will not be allowed. However, I have seen it ever so often that it depends quite alot upon the person who meets you at the counter. They can be the main deciding factor whether to make an exception or not

aviationp Aug 19, 2011 10:42 am

The last time we tried it, we were denied. But again YMMV

Pinklily Aug 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by lee_apromise (Post 16951747)
Is your wife *G? If so, then you can, if not, no.

What is *G? (Sorry for my ignorance. I've never flown Singapore Airlines before. Hmm... I'm assuming that because of that, I am not *G...???)

Pinklily Aug 19, 2011 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by sumayya (Post 16953979)
By the rule, no , you will not be allowed. However, I have seen it ever so often that it depends quite alot upon the person who meets you at the counter. They can be the main deciding factor whether to make an exception or not

So perhaps a big smile and friendly attitude will help get my husband into the lounge?

Pinklily Aug 19, 2011 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by e-aviation (Post 16954009)
The last time we tried it, we were denied. But again YMMV

Ahhh drat! I was hoping for some "We tried it and it worked" responses.

I know it's a longshot, though.

djk7 Aug 19, 2011 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Pinklily (Post 16954799)
What is *G? (Sorry for my ignorance. I've never flown Singapore Airlines before. Hmm... I'm assuming that because of that, I am not *G...???)

Gold status on any Star Alliance airline.

Pinklily Aug 19, 2011 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by djk7 (Post 16954925)
Gold status on any Star Alliance airline.

Ahh yeah that's what I thought it was (of course, figured this out after I posted my clueless response lol).

Sadly, no, I'm not Gold status. Although after this trip, I'll be pretty close to it -- but that doesn't count! :(

Guy Betsy Aug 19, 2011 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Pinklily (Post 16951502)

And if it's not possible in the Kris lounge, is it possible in another Star Alliance lounge?

I appreciate any insight/advice. Thank you!

The Krisflyer lounge is for *A Gold members. So if he's not one, he can't get in that one or another Star Alliance lounge. You (the wife) who is holding a Business Class ticket can access any lounge you wish wish.

Pinklily Aug 19, 2011 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 16956734)
The Krisflyer lounge is for *A Gold members. So if he's not one, he can't get in that one or another Star Alliance lounge. You (the wife) who is holding a Business Class ticket can access any lounge you wish wish.

I thought so (about my own access into the lounges). I was hoping he could piggy-back in on the basis of my ticket... But it looks like this is not likely. I guess my entrance (based on my father's First Class ticket) of many years ago was a fluke or they were more lenient back then.

im.daniel Aug 20, 2011 2:21 am

If I'm not mistaken, First Class ticket holders have the ability to guest someone into the lounge - however unfortunately not for Business class passengers :(

aurigakb Aug 20, 2011 4:04 am

Originally Posted by im.daniel (Post 16957928)
If I'm not mistaken, First Class ticket holders have the ability to guest someone into the lounge - however unfortunately not for Business class passengers :(

That's right. There is a difference between First and Business!:D

duckBill Aug 20, 2011 4:19 am

Leaving SIN - HKG about a year ago, my parents accomplished this. My dad was flying in Business class, (which I got him on my air canada miles), my mom had pre-booked her ticket on economy, to visit me.

But my dad was able to get my mom into the lounge at t3. He said the door keeper, normally doesn't allow people. But as their senior citizens, I think he allowed my mom to accompany my dad.

Pinklily Aug 20, 2011 10:40 am

Originally Posted by duckBill (Post 16958222)
Leaving SIN - HKG about a year ago, my parents accomplished this. My dad was flying in Business class, (which I got him on my air canada miles), my mom had pre-booked her ticket on economy, to visit me.

But my dad was able to get my mom into the lounge at t3. He said the door keeper, normally doesn't allow people. But as their senior citizens, I think he allowed my mom to accompany my dad.

Good to know someone accomplished this task!

Alas, we're not senior citizens... But it is good to know that someone was able to do this recently. :)