Looking for cheapest paid F ex-SIN

Old Aug 18, 11, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus (the hard way), AA 3MM (worthless), Hilton Diamond (like everyone else)
Looking for cheapest paid F ex-SIN

Travel dates are 10/1 and 10/2. Friend and I are travel buffs and want to add TPR and SQ 77W to our experiences. I see a $1,800 USD RT to CGK, but that's on a 772. Any other suggestions?
Old Aug 18, 11, 5:21 am

Programs: Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by jspear View Post
Travel dates are 10/1 and 10/2. Friend and I are travel buffs and want to add TPR and SQ 77W to our experiences. I see a $1,800 USD RT to CGK, but that's on a 772. Any other suggestions?
First thing you should learn on FT is that you don't get the best deal by 'paying' for F. Buying miles and redeeming an award gets you the lowest amount 'paid' for your access to TPR and First.
Old Aug 18, 11, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
The problem is most SQ F cabins are unavailable as *A redemptions. That rules out buying a brace of miles from US and using them to fly SQ- though one might be able to on a regional route like SIN-CGK. (The other problem is if SQ doesn't make seats available until close-in it gets hard to plan much- you will have to grab them on the fly. And 77W won't be available in F as a *A redemption.)

OP- SIN-HKG? I know a 77W does SIN-HKG-SFO...
Old Aug 18, 11, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Originally Posted by jspear View Post
SQ from SIN is never 'cheap' cos people who want to take SQ will pay what SQ will ask for which is the full price. No discounts. Period.

If you want cheap flying from SIN, do not take SQ.

Or else originate from somewhere else passing through SIN, or redeem an award ticket for F to somewhere else more exciting than CGK !
Old Aug 19, 11, 2:53 am

Programs: Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
SQ from SIN is never 'cheap' cos people who want to take SQ will pay what SQ will ask for which is the full price. No discounts. Period.

If you want cheap flying from SIN, do not take SQ.

Or else originate from somewhere else passing through SIN, or redeem an award ticket for F to somewhere else more exciting than CGK !
The OP wants to have access to TPR hence SQ metal is needed. Award is the cheapest solution.

Search this Thread