Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about seat pitch on SQ A380

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2011, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by FN-GM
They used to on the A340-500 and it wasn't right for them so they ditched it.
I don't think that this was the reason - it was very popular.

But because the 345 reaches its absolute travel limit on that route, they had to stretch out Biz and coach and that made the coach product too good.

On many other routes, SQ operates terrible Biz class hardware and hence a premium coach would cut badly into their business.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 12:17 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by weero

But because the 345 reaches its absolute travel limit on that route, they had to stretch out Biz and coach and that made the coach product too good.

On many other routes, SQ operates terrible Biz class hardware and hence a premium coach would cut badly into their business.
Well if it was very popular why didnt i go onto in the A380?

From statistics posted on other forums, the premium economy wasnt worth it.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 5:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.656 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/143)

Wasn't worth what? And why? Please explain the economics of the various seat classes and the pros and cons for SQ so we can understand what your point is.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 6:53 am

That is a non sequitur.

It has been removed because it was too popular.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:43 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
That is a non sequitur.

It has been removed because it was too popular.
Exactly. Simple commercial sense, but I think that is a little beyond the previous poster.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Wan1dap
Exactly. Simple commercial sense, but I think that is a little beyond the previous poster.
The super-Economy made the EWR-SIN very survivable in coach which could not have been in the interest of SQ, I fear.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
These were noticeably the widest Y seats I have ever experienced. I did spring for the preferred seats, and found them to be well worth the $50. I chose an inside aisle in row 81 on the upper deck for one flight. The UD was great, very quiet with good service. Row 81 does not have quite enough space for people to pass across in front easily, so there is not a lot of traffic. this may be the best long haul ride in Y, while it lasts.

On the other flight, I tried 48D, which has no seat in front of it because it is the FA's emergency escape hatch. It was not high traffic, but I really noticed that there were fewer FA's on the LD, and as a result, it fell below expectations. In particular, though the deck was only about 3/4s full, the first drink sevice was juice, water, wine and beer off a tray passed by four FAs for the ~300 pax downstairs (I think the others went to the premium cabins for the first service?) Where was my Sling? I can understand an abbreviated service if they were in a hurry, but this was SIN-LHR!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.