Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Question about redeeming KF miles for *A award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2011, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KF *S

According to SQ's website:

If you have at least 50% of the KrisFlyer miles required to redeem for an award ticket, you may purchase the additional miles required to top-up your KrisFlyer account at US$40 (or the local currency equivalent) per block of 1,000 miles, using your credit card.
Does this apply to *A awards, or only for SQ awards?

As a simple example, a RT North-America domestic *A award on Y would cost 25K KF miles according to the award charts here. So if I have at least 12.5K KF miles, am I eligible to top-up the additional 12.5K?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: V-Flyer Black
Consider the cost of miles ($520 from example) plus taxes. Might be cheaper to buy the ticket or similar cost.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: V-Flyer Black
Also, in the US (do see you are in Canada), one can purchase and AmEx MR points when redeeming. $25 per 1,000 and a maximum of $500,000 a year. Cheaper than SQ.

OTish - Also consider this: Virgin Atlantic charges 100,000 miles ORD-LHR-ORD in Upper Class. The cash fare is $4,500ish. Buy the miles and transfer, its $2,500 + taxes.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: KF *S
Originally Posted by PimpNumOne
Consider the cost of miles ($520 from example) plus taxes. Might be cheaper to buy the ticket or similar cost.
Yup, I agree - the example I gave was just a hypothetical one though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.