Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Kicked Out of Krisflyer: Decades of Loyalty, Status & Before Card Expiry in Nov 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kicked Out of Krisflyer: Decades of Loyalty, Status & Before Card Expiry in Nov 2011

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2011, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, QF
Angry Kicked Out of Krisflyer: Decades of Loyalty, Status & Before Card Expiry in Nov 2011

My email to Krisflyer:
"I have on my person the Krisflyer Elite Silver Cardwhose expiry is clearly mentioned as Nov 2011. However on trying to log-in the Krisflyer system says my "membership has expired". Quite surprising as I've been a member since the 90s. Also, I recently travelled on the StarAlliance carrier United from Melb-LAX-Denver-EWR...and was trying to check the credit of my points, but obviously can't log-in forthe above reason. What's going on? Can you please assist and advise.."

Extract of Reply from Krisflyer on 15th June:
"Our records show that KrisFlyer account xxxxxxxxxx has already expired. Please be advised that the status of KrisFlyer accounts will change from"Active" to "Dormant" 33 months from the last accrual. The account will subsequently expire if there is no activity within six months of being"Dormant"."

Huh? I'm still staring at the Krisflyer Silver card which states expiry in Nov 2011. Ofcourse, not only have I been loyal to SQ for decades, but also had Solitaire status in the 2009's and now has Silver. I had no knowledge of this 33 month rule, nor was sent any such communication. Who knows, it may have been in some fine print. Thus, I flew to the US on a Star Alliance carrier, United. On booking, the UA system picked-up my Krisflyer Silver Status and printed it on my Reservation/tickets. But no one can give me points since I didn't enroll in UA's program. I've written back to them seeking the CEO's email address, but haven't heard back.

So I wrote to Star Alliance.

Extract of Reply from Star Alliance:
"Loyalty Programmes are individually operated by the member airlines, rather than combined under the Star Alliance brand. For issues like these you will need to contact your loyalty programme service centre directly. ."

So now I'm scheduled to return to Aus in a few weeks, and will miss out on points here & back, status. But still having a Krisflyer/ Star Alliance card that states expiry in Nov 2011.

Any solutions, thoughts..?
Old Jun 19, 2011, 4:59 am
Suspended

HA!

Typical Asian response to the problem.

You're going to have to escalate to a person of some significance that has the gift of free thought. Dealing with the front line staff is simply a head ache in the making. They don't have the brain power, creativity or need to really help.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
Presumably your outward points have not credited anywhere yet? If they haven't, sign up to Aegean Airlines' Miles and Bonus scheme online - you should get a 1000 point signup bonus - and then credit your outward and return flights. Assuming you have a standard fare may get enough points to get *Gold as their qualification threshold is only 20,000 points. Unlike KrisFlyer miles, Miles and Bonus points don't expire, providing you earn or redeem at least every year.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 6:47 pm
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by wyvern
. Unlike KrisFlyer miles, Miles and Bonus points don't expire, providing you earn or redeem at least every year.
KF doesn't expire either, provided you earn or redeem at least every 33 months. How many months in a year ?
Old Jun 19, 2011, 8:01 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
When is the last time you credited miles to your KF account?
Old Jun 19, 2011, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aster
When is the last time you credited miles to your KF account?
From Feb 1999 to 8th June 2011...
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:10 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Wilberfaust
That being the case, I think your thread title is misleading. It sounds like you haven't been "Kicked Out of Krisflyer ...." , more like some computer glitch has caused you membership to prematurely expired, as unlikely as that may seem given how perfect SQ's IT systems are
Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Update: The Investigation
Pleasantly received a call on my mobile around 5am ET(i'm still in the US) from a bloke at Krisflyer, S'pore. Citing my emails he said the matter was now "under investigation", and he would get back to me before I returned home (scheduled for the month-end). ^
Fingers crossed. I'll post the verdict.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by Wilberfaust
If you credited last on June 8, 2011, then there's no reason why you're membership would expire. This looks like some sort of software glitch, so hopefully KF will be able to sort that out for you asap.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by aster
If you credited last on June 8, 2011, then there's no reason why you're membership would expire. This looks like some sort of software glitch, so hopefully KF will be able to sort that out for you asap.
Did the June 8th crediting not fail? If so, the OP might indeed have had a long dormant period before noticing that the account expired.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.