Does KF Membership Expire?

Old Jun 8, 11, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
Does KF Membership Expire?

My wife has had an award booking since October last year.

Went to login with her KF number and get a message to say that her KF number has expired!

Her KF number is in the booking according to a printout that I have and I was able to login with her KF number a couple of weeks ago.

Does KF membership expire????
Old Jun 12, 11, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Probbaly issues on the 'new' SQ website. See this thread... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...te-issues.html

SQ KF number doesn't expire unless you have no mileage activity over 4 years.

Keep trying or else call their service centre.
Old Sep 27, 13, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
Probbaly issues on the 'new' SQ website. See this thread... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...te-issues.html

SQ KF number doesn't expire unless you have no mileage activity over 4 years.

Keep trying or else call their service centre.
Is it still 4 years? Can't seem to find any details on their website.
Old Sep 27, 13, 12:55 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by corrad View Post
Is it still 4 years? Can't seem to find any details on their website.
I am not sure if this applies to your account. I have no activity at all, so it expires in 1 year.
Old Sep 27, 13, 9:54 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Your status will expire after a year but you still have a valid account. Your account will lapse after 3 years if there is no activity.

From the website..

KrisFlyer accounts which have activity/transactions are valid for 36 months from the end of the month in which the last mileage accrual occurred, after which the membership accounts will expire. KrisFlyer accounts which do not have any activity for a period of 18 months since enrolment will expire after that period of 18 months.
Old Sep 28, 13, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by cmdsea View Post
Your status will expire after a year but you still have a valid account. Your account will lapse after 3 years if there is no activity.

From the website..

KrisFlyer accounts which have activity/transactions are valid for 36 months from the end of the month in which the last mileage accrual occurred, after which the membership accounts will expire. KrisFlyer accounts which do not have any activity for a period of 18 months since enrolment will expire after that period of 18 months.
cool, as long as there is some sort activity within 3 years i will be able to keep my miles.
Old Sep 28, 13, 9:24 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by corrad View Post
cool, as long as there is some sort activity within 3 years i will be able to keep my miles.
For many programs mileage longevity and account expiry are not the same (say NH and LH impose a 3 year lifetime on their miles) but I have never seen KF making this distinction.

Does anyone know better?
Old Sep 28, 13, 10:27 am

Programs: JL Premier | Marriott Platinum Elite | GE, TSA-Pre
Originally Posted by weero View Post
For many programs mileage longevity and account expiry are not the same (say NH and LH impose a 3 year lifetime on their miles) but I have never seen KF making this distinction.

Does anyone know better?
I only know KF Miles expire 3 years from earn date.
Old Sep 29, 13, 9:24 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by lcpteck View Post
I only know KF Miles expire 3 years from earn date.
But not for elites, right?
Old Sep 29, 13, 11:53 am

Programs: JL Premier | Marriott Platinum Elite | GE, TSA-Pre
Originally Posted by weero View Post
But not for elites, right?
Miles still expire after 3 years but Elites have an option to extend for another year.

Your KrisFlyer miles are valid for three years (or one year for miles earned from contests), and you will be notified in your account statement before they are due to expire. As a KrisFlyer member, you may extend your miles once for six months at a nominal fee. If you are a KrisFlyer Elite Silver, KrisFlyer Elite Gold or PPS Club member, you may extend your miles for one year. Simply login to extend your KrisFlyer miles online.

KrisFlyer miles that have already expired cannot be extended.

Last edited by lcpteck; Sep 29, 13 at 11:59 am
Old Sep 30, 13, 1:19 am

Just a quick check on expiry of miles.

If it states I have 6+k miles expiring in Dec 2013, does it expire on 1 Dec 2013 or 31 Dec 2013? If the miles have somehow expired and I forgot to extend it, can it be done retroactively?
Old Oct 1, 13, 10:35 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by adamantine View Post
Just a quick check on expiry of miles.

If it states I have 6+k miles expiring in Dec 2013, does it expire on 1 Dec 2013 or 31 Dec 2013?
Expiring in Dec means you can use in Dec, so effectively Dec 31.

Originally Posted by adamantine View Post
If the miles have somehow expired and I forgot to extend it, can it be done retroactively?
As the post you replied to quotes from the SQ website-
Originally Posted by lcpteck View Post
KrisFlyer miles that have already expired cannot be extended.
I've heard of people being able to talk the rep into reinstating, but I certainly wouldn't count on it, particularly if you don't have status.
Old Oct 14, 19, 3:55 pm

KrisFlyer account/membership (not miles as there is zero balance) is set to expire. At the moment, no plans to fly SQ or use KrisFlyer miles. Worth the transfer of 1000 from AMEX MR, Chase UR and/or Marriott to keep account/membership active for another few years?
Old Oct 14, 19, 9:22 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by robchow View Post
KrisFlyer account/membership (not miles as there is zero balance) is set to expire. At the moment, no plans to fly SQ or use KrisFlyer miles. Worth the transfer of 1000 from AMEX MR, Chase UR and/or Marriott to keep account/membership active for another few years?
if no plan to fly SQ or use Krisflyer miles, why keep the account?

You have too many miles to throw away?
Old Oct 15, 19, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by robchow View Post
Unless you are able to earn enough miles to redeem before expiry of the extension (6 months worth) then there's probably no point.

Search this Thread