Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by globetraveler
I thought that waitlists would drop now close in to departure? We are confirmed in Biz in SIN-HKG, but if F seats are available day of departure will they possibly bump us up? (We are on an F award all the way to sfo)
Yes, this is not in the realm of corporate policy, it's management by exception, akin to going to the SQ office at ION Orchard as a hail mary for close-in awards when there is no award inventory left, but there are unsold seats. It's not impossible if you ask-- I wouldn't give up hope, but I wouldn't count on it either.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:21 am

I thought that waitlists would drop now close in to departure? We are confirmed in Biz in SIN-HKG, but if F seats are available day of departure will they possibly bump us up? (We are on an F award all the way to sfo)
Do you have a waitlist in F? She had a waitlist from a long time ago, the flight was not available for award redemption prior to the flight. I believe this was an exception basis and she got lucky, but if you have a waitlist on F and there are available seats no harm trying. You will just have to pay the fee to cancel our biz tickets.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by funkydory
Do you have a waitlist in F? She had a waitlist from a long time ago, the flight was not available for award redemption prior to the flight. I believe this was an exception basis and she got lucky, but if you have a waitlist on F and there are available seats no harm trying. You will just have to pay the fee to cancel our biz tickets.
At what point does a waitlist end (how far in advance before departure?) if we are on a F award wait list but confirmed in biz. Still 4/4 available and 60 days from departure :/
Old Apr 29, 2019, 4:55 pm

14 days
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:02 pm

At what point does a waitlist end (how far in advance before departure?) if we are on a F award wait list but confirmed in biz. Still 4/4 available and 60 days from departure :/
Last March I had an F waitlist clear a couple of days before departure, with a business class redemption already ticketed.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Nihar Shah
14 days
Originally Posted by brodielayne
Last March I had an F waitlist clear a couple of days before departure, with a business class redemption already ticketed.
Sounds like this scenario is no longer possible with a 14 day wait list drop. I guess i’ll Just have to call within the 14 day window to see if they’ll do it as a courtesy, assuming there are still seats available.

Thanks.
Old May 11, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Waitlisted in F on SQ 306, 308 and 318 on Friday 17th May, 1 pax. Any idea on the loads? I called KF yesterday and the agent was quite surprised at least one had not cleared, said he would send a chaser but heard nothing so far ... also waitlisted on 18 and 19th.
Old May 14, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: American Advantage, Asia Miles, KrisFlyer, EVA Infinite, British, Aeroplan.
Hey Guys, Need some advise. Waitlisted on a business saver for SFO-SIN, SIN-BLR oneway for Dec 13 schedule. How long should I wait to clear waitlist before calling cust service reps?
Appreciate it.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by spiderveloce
Hey Guys, Need some advise. Waitlisted on a business saver for SFO-SIN, SIN-BLR oneway for Dec 13 schedule. How long should I wait to clear waitlist before calling cust service reps?
Appreciate it.
What is your purpose of calling? Usually they will tell you to just wait for the waitlist to clear. Though they can check how full the plane is, but now is still early.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: A few
Fun to come back to this post I started a few years ago!

Anyway I am looking at booking SIN-HKG in J on the A380. It is available at 30.5k and I am going to book

F is showing as waitlist at 40.5k

My question is if I book the J seat, is there a way to waitlist for F without having the full 40.5k in my account? I would like to only transfer in the extra 10k it would need if F comes available
Old May 22, 2019, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh

Anyway I am looking at booking SIN-HKG in J on the A380. It is available at 30.5k and I am going to book

My question is if I book the J seat, is there a way to waitlist for F without having the full 40.5k in my account? I would like to only transfer in the extra 10k it would need if F comes available
Not certain the answer to your specific question, however I can tell you that this route seems challenging to clear the F waitlist. I’ve also heard that SQ rarely makes F saver award space available on the A380 with the new configuration- I’m in the same boat!

Best of luck!
Old May 22, 2019, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh

best is confirm the J class n call in ask agent to help you add in waitlist under same PNR?
Old May 24, 2019, 9:37 am

Anyone know how likely F upgrade from BOM -SIN route? Want to get the couple seats just to try even if it’s for only a few hours.
Old May 24, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I've flown out on emptier cabins... where J loads were less than 40%... yet no Saver was available for redemption or waitlisting in the days leading up to it, only Advantage.
Same here (as KF Gold), and where Saver w/l was available, it never cleared. So I can’t quite follow SQ’s RM logic.
Old May 25, 2019, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by eidreezy
Anyone know how likely F upgrade from BOM -SIN route? Want to get the couple seats just to try even if it’s for only a few hours.
I have managed to get it a few times ex DEL so BOM should be the same. Cleared last few days every time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.