Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
SQ 478 SIN-JNB in J wait-list cleared the day of the flight. I'm glad it did since it avoided a connection in ADD.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
SIN-CDG waitlisted (only long haul route waitlistable for J saver!) on 29 March for departure next day. Confirmed within 3 hours after a quick phone call to SQ. J was 80% full hence very surprised SQ confirmed it - wasn’t at all expecting it to.
80% load in J when flight went out indicates quite a few seats left for sale so within 24hrs to departure it would have been a silly Revenue Mgmt decision not to clear the award in Biz (F would be a different story). Though stranger things have happened before.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by demue
80% load in J when flight went out indicates quite a few seats left for sale so within 24hrs to departure it would have been a silly Revenue Mgmt decision not to clear the award in Biz (F would be a different story). Though stranger things have happened before.
I've flown out on emptier cabins... where J loads were less than 40%... yet no Saver was available for redemption or waitlisting in the days leading up to it, only Advantage.
Unionruler likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by callmedtop
How easy is it to clear the waitlist on flights to MNL in F? Looking at the AM departure SIN-MNL that is F8 but only waitlist-able. May departure.
Well, that was fast. Waitlist cleared about a week after booking (and ~6 weeks prior to departure) for myself +1. It looks like it cleared for others at the same time, as the cabin went from F8 to F3 overnight.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:04 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Well, that was fast. Waitlist cleared about a week after booking (and ~6 weeks prior to departure) for myself +1. It looks like it cleared for others at the same time, as the cabin went from F8 to F3 overnight.
I feel like MNL FCL is only there simply because they need the large J cabin of the 773. I’ve never had trouble clearing it before. In fact, it’s often that JCL saver isn’t available, and then it makes sense to go with FCL saver vs JCL Advantage.

Glad you got your seats. It’s a “budget F” in my opinion though! Lol.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by pokfur

I feel like MNL FCL is only there simply because they need the large J cabin of the 773. I’ve never had trouble clearing it before. In fact, it’s often that JCL saver isn’t available, and then it makes sense to go with FCL saver vs JCL Advantage.

Glad you got your seats. It’s a “budget F” in my opinion though! Lol.
Ha, I agree about “budget F” but for a special trip and only 10K more miles, it seems like a no-brainer!
Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: Stanby life since 2007
I was poking around and found 2 saver (95K) business seats showing available SFO-HKG-SIN-DAD (6 months out). I called reservations to try and hold the seats while I transferred in points from chase rewards, they couldn't find those seats. I decided to transfer the points in and roll the dice (fastest transfer ever from Chase, took 4 hours for points to appear). I went to book those seats only to find out at check-out, it shows "saver available" but only the last leg SIN-DAD was reserved while my SFO- HKG- SIN still has to waitlist
If it ever clears would I be able to pay for the stopover in HKG?? because HKG-SIN-DAD is not a bookable award by itself? Thanks
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:41 am

Sorry if this has been asked a dozen times before, but I didn't find my exact scenario.

This morning I happened upon an available F award from HKG to SFO with a good-but-not-perfect date. I called to have it held while waiting for the points to move over from the credit card. As such, I don't have enough miles at the moment to wait list some alternate dates. Once the miles show up, can I wait list some other dates before using my miles to confirm the hold?

Naturally, I need enough available miles to wait list, and once I confirm my booking the miles I transferred in will have been spoken for. I'm assuming that wait listing won't tie up any miles and confirming the hold won't invalidate the wait list since I'm out of miles at that point.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
That should work. Get miles, book waitlist, make confirmed bookings.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:46 pm

Anyone know if multiple waitlists can clear to be confirmed or do you have to decline/delete a cleared waitlist before another will clear?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:45 pm

From past experience, waitlists cleared independent of one another. You only have a challenge if one cleared and while you are waiting for the other to clear the flight needs to be confirmed.

Then either ask for ticketing deadline extension or ticket the cleared flight to secure it and later pay 25USD to change the ticket if better waitlist option clears.
joder likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by joder
Anyone know if multiple waitlists can clear to be confirmed or do you have to decline/delete a cleared waitlist before another will clear?
they will give you a deadline to confirm the waitlist which had been cleared. At the same time, you are still waiting for others (often they allow you to waitlist 3 alternative flights). If other confirms before tge deadline, you can remove the earlist one which was not your best choice.
joder likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Silver, SQ Gold, IHG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Has anyone ever managed to clear saver (ie. O class) on ZRH-SIN or SIN-ZRH or do I need to waitlist advantage (A class) to even have a chance? Currently showing F4 on the 3 dates that I am looking at.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 8:04 am

My friend had a wait listed biz flight LHR-SIN, she had another in PE as back up. At check in, the agent checked that there were seats available in biz and ticketed her waitlist, so she cancelled the PE.
onlysuites likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by funkydory
My friend had a wait listed biz flight LHR-SIN, she had another in PE as back up. At check in, the agent checked that there were seats available in biz and ticketed her waitlist, so she cancelled the PE.
I thought that waitlists would drop now close in to departure? We are confirmed in Biz in SIN-HKG, but if F seats are available day of departure will they possibly bump us up? (We are on an F award all the way to sfo)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.