Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:22 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SilverChris
It should eventually clear if the cabin remains empty. There's no real pattern you can count on. It can clear tomorrow or they can even keep you on the edge close to departure.

Not necessarily, I've had a number of waitlisted flights that never cleared. Always have a back up plan.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:23 am

Not sure if SQ has internal control?
Almost all my waitlists were cleared.

Some were even instant clear. Complete online waitlist, sms came within second.
One over the phone, was confirmed halfway during the process, even the CS was surprised.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by flumoxed
Anyone have any data points on clearing a 2nd F seat in any of the F4 cabins?

I've had one seat booked for a few months now, and have been waitlisted for that 2nd seat for the same amount of time. Cabin is empty besides the one seat I have reserved.

About 3ish weeks till departure. Not not the end of the world if it doesn't clear as I do have a backup J seat reserved.
I cleared 2 F waitlist in this cabin this past October, two days out from the flight. I flew LAX-SIN, and the first leg from LAX-ICN only had 3 of 4 seats filled.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by brodielayne
I cleared 2 F waitlist in this cabin this past October, two days out from the flight. I flew LAX-SIN, and the first leg from LAX-ICN only had 3 of 4 seats filled.
Thanks for the relevant datapoint.

Quickly browsing through this thread, I didn't see much data on people getting 2 seats in the 777 4 seat F cabins. Good to hear that it is indeed possible.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I've had about 4 wait list attempts at JFK-FRA. None ever clear. At least 3 or 4 seats available within 24 hours to departure.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I had a JFK-FRA-SIN flight clear in suites right after the devaluation which made me laugh. I ended up passing on it since I was already booked in J for EWR-SIN-SYD under the old chart and didn't feel like paying the fees to switch along with the increase in point costs. I've flown JFK-FRA in suites before but for the past two years getting a saver award on the JFK-FRA-SIN route has been almost impossible. Several months ago I managed to snag a suites flight for SIN-FRA-JFK, which is the only time in years I have been able to pull that off.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by flumoxed
Thanks for the relevant datapoint.

Quickly browsing through this thread, I didn't see much data on people getting 2 seats in the 777 4 seat F cabins. Good to hear that it is indeed possible.
I should add that I also booked this route earlier in the year where I found two saver F awards without having to waitlist. Seems to be the easiest F reward from the US.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:46 pm

Waitlist Without Miles

Very odd. Was able to waitlist for a P to J upgrade without any miles in my account. Completed by phone. Anyone else have this happen?

More specifically, I had explained to the CS rep that I was going to transfer miles into KrisFlyer (from Chase UR) to pay for the upgrade, but only if I could get confirmed. Otherwise, I wouldn't transfer miles in, as I don't want them to get stuck in KrisFlyer. She said that's ok, she'll put me on the waitlist with a zero KrisFlyer balance anyway. Received the waitlist itinerary by e-mail just now.

Should I take a chance on contacting the upgrade gods at [email protected] to shake things loose for a confirmation? Or should I leave well enough alone?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by chillin2345
Very odd. Was able to waitlist for a P to J upgrade without any miles in my account. Completed by phone. Anyone else have this happen?

More specifically, I had explained to the CS rep that I was going to transfer miles into KrisFlyer (from Chase UR) to pay for the upgrade, but only if I could get confirmed. Otherwise, I wouldn't transfer miles in, as I don't want them to get stuck in KrisFlyer. She said that's ok, she'll put me on the waitlist with a zero KrisFlyer balance anyway. Received the waitlist itinerary by e-mail just now.

Should I take a chance on contacting the upgrade gods at [email protected] to shake things loose for a confirmation? Or should I leave well enough alone?
I've had this done on awards where I had some of the miles but not the full amount. I think its in the reps discretion, but my understanding is that if you don't have at least have the points in your account there is supposed to be an additional fee at the time of booking for holding your award. At least that is the way it was for mine. I ended up seeing another opening and booking that instead to avoid that fee and also because a better date for travel opened up.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist
I was able to also add a waitlist without all the miles as well, over the phone.

I had a confirmed booking in business class, but was able to add a waitlist for suites for the same flight. (Even in the same booking reference)

Hope it clears now!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I have two F awards confirmed on one of our upcoming June fights but the shorter haul out of SIN (SIN-HKG) is still waitlisted. SQ has sent two chasers over the past few months, but now we are T-90 Days... any recommendations? Should I ask for them to send another chaser? When would these most likely clear, 60 days out, 30 days out? There are no seats booked in F as of now, one waitlist is a 777-300ER with 4 seats, and the other is an A380 (new config) with all seats open.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Originally Posted by demue
However, SQ is also known to let F seats go out empty even though there are waitlists / upgrade requests pending. Good luck.
Have also just had this experience, new A380 suites, 3 of 6 seats remsined empty, and nothing cleared.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by globetraveler
I have two F awards confirmed on one of our upcoming June fights but the shorter haul out of SIN (SIN-HKG) is still waitlisted. SQ has sent two chasers over the past few months, but now we are T-90 Days... any recommendations? Should I ask for them to send another chaser? When would these most likely clear, 60 days out, 30 days out? There are no seats booked in F as of now, one waitlist is a 777-300ER with 4 seats, and the other is an A380 (new config) with all seats open.
Directors going to business meetings tend to book F to/ from HKG quite close in. Doubt you'll get anything chasing before T-10-- I'd chase everyday from then.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'd second that. Assume you are confirmed in Biz on the SIN-HKG leg and waiting for F to clear? If not, I'd work on that ASAP so your travel plans don't fall apart.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:53 pm

JFK-FRA-SIN (with stopover) in F saver

FRA-SIN cleared at the time of reservation. I've waitlisted multiple JFK-FRA flights. So if F doesn't clear, what happens because I'm not ticketed? What if there's 0 saver available in any class on the JFK-FRA flight currently waitlisted as part of the overall confirmed itinerary? How do I know how long I have before everything has to be ticketed?

Interesting to me that if I fly JFK-FRA-SIN with NO stoppover, it will ticket in F instantly. But every date on JFK-FRA as a solo flight is waitlist. I'm sure this is known to everyone. but new to me.

What bucket am I looking for to clear F saver space?

Last edited by saaveraward; Mar 5, 2019 at 9:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.