Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Old Jul 12, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
No status with SQ. Family of 4 (2 adults + 1 kid + 1 infant), thinking of going to MAA from US West Coast during the Dec holidays. Got excited about J availability from LAX and thought I can get the wife an award ticket and the other 3 can go revenue and transferred enough points from Chase to KF to see its all on waitlist now.

How do I go about doing this? Should I purchase 3 tickets for some random date? If I call SQ, would they be able to tell which date I should shoot for?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:15 pm

Hi, do anyone actually clear the new suite at saver redemption level for long haul flight (London and Zurich)?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 2:04 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Waitlisted four flights from LHR - PER plus another five from DUS, FRA and AMS over 3 days in early July back in February. For 2 pax in business. No status when I waitlisted but since made silver. None cleared.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Booked SIN-LHR in the new suites at the 210,000 level and waitlisted for the 115,000 level. Waitlist for three months. Just cleared!
Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by zrs70
Booked SIN-LHR in the new suites at the 210,000 level and waitlisted for the 115,000 level. Waitlist for three months. Just cleared!
Congrats! When is the flight? To get a idea of when they might clear.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by onlysuites
flight is this sat evening!
Old Jul 16, 2018, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by zrs70
Wow, congrats!
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
congrats!! Enjoy your flight!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:16 pm

I waitlisted DPS-SIN-NRT-LAX last week for a flight on the 7/28 in business. SIN-NRT-LAX just cleared. Yeah! How do I get DPS-SIN? I have until 7/20 to confirm.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I just waitlisted a ton of flights for next april on JFK-FRA-SIN route no idea when or if they will clear, but with over a dozen flights waitlisted I hope something opens up. The return flight SIN-JFK I managed to snag in Suites saver, so half the trip is booked. In a pinch I'll book a flight to Japan using another currency and then just use inexpensive paid hops around SE Asia until I get to Singapore.If the waitlist clears will I have enough time to transfer Amex MRs into my SQ account? Don't really want to move them until I know I have a redemption to make.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
How were you able to waitlist without the points in your account? I've never been able to do that.

Originally Posted by Red259
I just waitlisted a ton of flights for next april on JFK-FRA-SIN route no idea when or if they will clear, but with over a dozen flights waitlisted I hope something opens up. The return flight SIN-JFK I managed to snag in Suites saver, so half the trip is booked. In a pinch I'll book a flight to Japan using another currency and then just use inexpensive paid hops around SE Asia until I get to Singapore.If the waitlist clears will I have enough time to transfer Amex MRs into my SQ account? Don't really want to move them until I know I have a redemption to make.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by estnet
How were you able to waitlist without the points in your account? I've never been able to do that.
I'm guessing he did have the points when he waitlisted and then used them for his SIN - JFK flight.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:07 am

Exactly i had the points for one way so i waitlisted everything then booked my return. If the waitlist clears ill deposit the points i need to redeem.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
Exactly i had the points for one way so i waitlisted everything then booked my return. If the waitlist clears ill deposit the points i need to redeem.
Was thinking of doing the same. If you book a full round, are you allowed to just cancel one leg? Was thinking of waitlisting for first, and then booking the full round in business, and cancelling one leg if waitlist clears.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
Was thinking of doing the same. If you book a full round, are you allowed to just cancel one leg? Was thinking of waitlisting for first, and then booking the full round in business, and cancelling one leg if waitlist clears.
If you are talking about booking in J after waitlisting in F then cancelling J and rebooking into F if the waitlist clears then yes you can do that. There will likely be some fees associated with that change. If you are talking about booking something like JFK-FRA-SIN and then trying to cancel the FRA-SIN leg or something then that will likely be a non-starter and would require a full redeposit of miles and rebooking etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.