Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by jjjohn
I guess the OP planned have a stopover in HKG on the way back.
SFO - SIN - HKG - SFO
Yup it allowed a stopover.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:48 am

Wait listed for saver upgrade from T to I. Advantage not available.
Availability fluctuated between Z0 and Z3, S0.
At T-48, ability increased to Z4 C4, S0.
Outright redemption wait list possible for saver but not advantage.
at check in, Z4 C4, S0.
agent saw wait-list. Called supervisor. Was offered upgrade at advantage rate.
After upgrade processed, Z3 C3, S1
Old Jun 30, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Waitlisted for J on LHR-SIN in 6 weeks with about 10+ seats empty on EF! Hope it goes well!
Old Jul 1, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I'm trying to find SIN-JFK in Suites. I looked at dates almost a year out and I see no availability. Some dates I can't even wait list. I've never had a waitlist clear on this route. Is this just a pipe dream? It feels like SQ has no intention of letting people book this award. I'm wondering if I need to go ahead and book the SIN-EWR flight in J. I don't want to dump my points into a SQ account and not be able to use them. Has anyone ever been able to book SIN-JFK in suites?
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
I'm trying to find SIN-JFK in Suites. I looked at dates almost a year out and I see no availability. Some dates I can't even wait list. I've never had a waitlist clear on this route. Is this just a pipe dream? It feels like SQ has no intention of letting people book this award. I'm wondering if I need to go ahead and book the SIN-EWR flight in J. I don't want to dump my points into a SQ account and not be able to use them. Has anyone ever been able to book SIN-JFK in suites?
I did for two last year.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Red259
SIN-EWR in J has a better shot, IMO, given how empty the seat map currently is. Besides you could get a confirmed PE seat pretty easily as of now. Let's say if the WL doesn't clear at the end of the day, you still have a seat to fly.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Hi. I could do with a bit of advice. We're booked on a flight from DUS to PER via SIN in business (2 pax) later this week, DUS being all that was available from Europe within a couple of days of our ideal date - and it's a very long layover whilst we'd rather get there ASAP to boot. We've been waitlisted on 9 other flights from DUS, LHR, FRA and AMS for 4+ months now and nothing has cleared. My f-i-l is in hospital so we'd rather put the flights back a few days, but as far as I can see, there is not a single flight bookable from Europe (for 2) to PER on 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11 July. I'd have to cancel the currently booked suboptimal DUS flight to get on waitlists for those days as I don't have enough miles otherwise. Every Krisflyer flight I've waitlisted previously has cleared at the latest a few days before the flight, so I was hopeful of getting something (particularly as I have now made silver), but I spoke to CS today and they said the two best options on the current waitlist (from LHR) are highly unlikely to clear. I don't know what to do now. Is there any reason I am missing why waitlists from Europe to PER aren't clearing (for me anyway) at present?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:11 am

Seems like waitlist on long haul flight is getting harder to cleared nowaday
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Its peak holiday season in several parts of Europe. You are competing with everyone going Europe - SIN - XXX. Not easy for 2pax to clear Biz (saver I assume).

I have several flights waitlisted in Biz for 2 pax for DPS-SIN in Aug (secured SIN-DPS) and also nothing is clearing so far.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by demue
Its peak holiday season in several parts of Europe. You are competing with everyone going Europe - SIN - XXX. Not easy for 2pax to clear Biz (saver I assume).

I have several flights waitlisted in Biz for 2 pax for DPS-SIN in Aug (secured SIN-DPS) and also nothing is clearing so far.
+1

Jul/Aug is the summer holiday period in Europe, and loads are pretty much full on every flight. DUS will probably be your best nonstop bet, as it is the least known route ex-EU on SQ right now. You may be able to get seats ex-ARN if you don’t mind the stopover at DME? If it was me i would stick to the DUS flights.

Finally, you can always call in and ask a KF agent to waitlist you on flights over the phone if you don’t have enough flights in your account to do it yourself online. Works most of the time for me.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Does anyone know if I wait list two flights separately if I can later book them together as a round trip and get the free stopover when they clear?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Jul/Aug is the summer holiday period in Europe, and loads are pretty much full on every flight. DUS will probably be your best nonstop bet, as it is the least known route ex-EU on SQ right now. You may be able to get seats ex-ARN if you don’t mind the stopover at DME? If it was me i would stick to the DUS flights.

Thanks for replying. Kids are still at school here in the UK so I rather assumed they would be all over Europe and thus that I had a little bit of leeway. No waitlist open for ARN flights though. It's looking like paid economy sadly!

Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Finally, you can always call in and ask a KF agent to waitlist you on flights over the phone if you don’t have enough flights in your account to do it yourself online. Works most of the time for me.

Coincidentally I have just got off the phone to KF to cancel the existing flight and he waitlisted three flights from MAN and DUS (and onwards) for me as he said the miles wouldn't be back in my account for a couple of days. I've just got an email confirming the two MAN flights (and the connecting onward flights) being waitlisted on consecutive days but they are under the same PNR. Is that right? Do KF clear individual flights one at a time rather than all flights on a PNR? I don't know how it works as I've always waitlisted individual itineraries on separate PNRs before (and all flights on each PNR have cleared at the same time).
Old Jul 4, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: Krisflyer
LHR-SIN on J cleared for next month's travel! Hooray!
w4rd likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:53 am

how do you send a chaser for end of year travel to sydney?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by hchang2017
how do you send a chaser for end of year travel to sydney?
Call your local SQ and ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.