Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: MMH MVP Charter Member, UA 1K MM
SQ231 is already confirmed (with miles) - so it sounds like I need to have enough miles in my account to waitlist SQ221 then if the waitlist clears call and ask them to cancel SQ231 and get those miles refunded, right? If I do that will I be charge a penalty for cancellation?
You may be able to call and ask to be added to the waitlist for another day without cancelling and adding the miles
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum
Originally Posted by sammybk
You may be able to call and ask to be added to the waitlist for another day without cancelling and adding the miles
I called and they put me on the waitlist for the earlier flight whilst keeping the confirmed seats on the later flight. No need to use miles for the waitlist (I did not have enough in the account anyway).

If the waitlist comes though more than 24 hours before departure there's no charge, otherwise there's a "late change fee" of US$75 per ticket if the waitlist comes through less than 24 hours before departure.

Last edited by M@rcoPolo; Jan 5, 2016 at 4:51 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:16 am

They put you on the waitlist when you didn't have enough miles for it?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:31 am

Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum
Originally Posted by Phaze
They put you on the waitlist when you didn't have enough miles for it?
I already used miles to be confirmed on the later flight, then I called them and asked if they could move me to the earlier flight.
What they did is to keep the reservation (confirmed) on the later flight and added a waitlist for the earlier flight. I guess if the waitlist comes through then the booking will be moved automatically from the later to the earlier flight?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: MMH MVP Charter Member, UA 1K MM
Well, 2 days after a chaser was sent for LAX-NRT, and 15 days before departure, received confirmation of 2 people (on two separate reservations) clearing into R. Seatmap shows 5 seats selected before ours.

Hopefully UR can transfer the extra 17,000 miles over business quickly.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Gotta love married segments.

FRA-SIN-LOP, no dice on SIN-LOP. SIN-LOP by itself - shocker, it's available @ saver.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 5:01 pm

Programs: United 1K
This week I booked a waitlisted Suites Saver a380 award from LAX-NRT-SIN which oddly cleared two days later after I made one phone call. What's odd is that paid revenue Suites are completely sold out on the NRT-SIN segment.

Why would they clear my Saver award since the NRT-SIN flight doesn't depart until 2/12/2016.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:40 am

HI,

I submitted two waitlist for NRT-LAX (first class suite) for 4/16/16 a couple days ago. Is NRT-LAX a popular route?

What is the number I can call to send in a chaser?

Thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by jaguar
This week I booked a waitlisted Suites Saver a380 award from LAX-NRT-SIN which oddly cleared two days later after I made one phone call. What's odd is that paid revenue Suites are completely sold out on the NRT-SIN segment.

Why would they clear my Saver award since the NRT-SIN flight doesn't depart until 2/12/2016.
It can happen. I've had waitlisted flights that are 7 months away clear in under 24 hours. And that was without any status and without any form of follow-up.

As for the sold out issue; not sure if SQ inventory is POS sensitive but if so, that may explain it. You can also check EF to verify.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by apple1122
HI,

I submitted two waitlist for NRT-LAX (first class suite) for 4/16/16 a couple days ago. Is NRT-LAX a popular route?

What is the number I can call to send in a chaser?

Thanks!
Download the Singapore Air app and it gives you the number to the closest office to you.

I think it's a popular route since it's the only Singapore Air suite out of LAX.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 12:03 pm

Hey guys hopefully you all can provide some help. Tried calling Singapore call center and they weren't very helpful.

Looking to book an award flight for honeymoon to Male (July 17). I can fly out of any US airport (IAH, SFO, LAX, JFK) due to positioning with SW companion pass.

Finally found actual availability (not waitlist) for a business class flight out of Houston on the right date. Problem is only 1 award is immediately available. If I put in for 2 passengers I get waitlisted.

So my question is, should I go ahead and book one and hope the second clears? Or should I waitlist both passengers? Also, if I book one and waitlist the other, will I have any luck regarding seat positions and having them sit us together?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 5:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP,SPG GOLD,UA,AA,Kirs, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jaguar

Nice! I'm 9 days out and waitlisted on FRA - JFK in suites and their web site is showing 5 open seats.... I called twice in the past and agent sent chaser. hopefully it will clear. any suggestions?

Last edited by JMM58; Jan 9, 2016 at 5:10 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jan 10, 2016, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by mitchjp

Finally found actual availability (not waitlist) for a business class flight out of Houston on the right date. Problem is only 1 award is immediately available. If I put in for 2 passengers I get waitlisted.

So my question is, should I go ahead and book one and hope the second clears? Or should I waitlist both passengers? Also, if I book one and waitlist the other, will I have any luck regarding seat positions and having them sit us together?
If I were you, I'll redeem 1 pax and waitlist for 2nd pax. Afterwhich give KF a call and tell them both pax are planning to travel together, request them to send a chaser for the waitlist.

Seat selections can always be arranged after the tickets are confirmed.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by worldrally
If I were you, I'll redeem 1 pax and waitlist for 2nd pax. Afterwhich give KF a call and tell them both pax are planning to travel together, request them to send a chaser for the waitlist.

Seat selections can always be arranged after the tickets are confirmed.
Perfect...thanks for the reply
Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
My SIN-HKG flight in suites for 2 just cleared waitlist last night. Took about 2 weeks to clear for travel in August. Now I just need my LAX-SIN to clear

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.