Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Originally Posted by hclee01
I have an upcoming trip from SIN-TYO in early Aug 2017. I am on commercial J ticket and my travel companion is waitlisted on J award saver ticket from HND-SIN (SQ633) using my miles. The agent has sent "chasers" a few times but somehow, the waitlist has yet to clear. Will see how it goes. Now the standard award availability is on waitlist too. Chances are slim, but luckily the agent has assisted me to reserve a standard award J class ticket, pending issuance by end July 2017. Will report back if I do get success in getting the saver J ticket.
In my experience with linking a revenue and a waitlisted redemption is that the waitlisted booking will clear about 2 weeks before departure. My advice is to send another chaser 2 weeks before departure and hope for the best.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Waitlisted FRA-SIN for a flight 2 weeks out and got cleared with five days to go. Mrs NJG (Who is almost PPS but not quite yet) got her seat on SFO-SIN cleared within 48 hours of waitlisting, for a flight she took three days later. Both in business class.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 2:49 pm

Hello 6 days out for a SIN-Australia flight looking for Suites at the lowest level.
I've been on a waitlist for some time and have sent a couple of chasers.
In Suites, flight is R6 F6 A6. If the other cabins make a difference, Z6 C6 J3 and PY and Y are fully booked.

Is it possible they just won't clear the waitlist and let it go out empty?
I've never not cleared before with empty seats though sometimes it has happened a few hours prior when it's just a seat or two.

Just for kicks, here are the days before my flight.

17th R6 Saver-no Std-yes
18th R5 Saver-yes Std-yes
19th R4 Saver-yes Std-yes
20th R7 Saver-yes Std-yes
21st R1 Saver-no Std-yes
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by chuck1
Hello 6 days out for a SIN-Australia flight looking for Suites at the lowest level.
I've been on a waitlist for some time and have sent a couple of chasers.
In Suites, flight is R6 F6 A6. If the other cabins make a difference, Z6 C6 J3 and PY and Y are fully booked.

Is it possible they just won't clear the waitlist and let it go out empty?
I've never not cleared before with empty seats though sometimes it has happened a few hours prior when it's just a seat or two.

Just for kicks, here are the days before my flight.

17th R6 Saver-no Std-yes
18th R5 Saver-yes Std-yes
19th R4 Saver-yes Std-yes
20th R7 Saver-yes Std-yes
21st R1 Saver-no Std-yes
SQ is very good at leaving seat empty.
They could clear a seat as close at 12 hours before the flight.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:47 pm

Is it something I need to monitor? Does the waitlist reliably clear promptly if they open up a seat or will it sit in open inventory because the system gets around to clearing it?

I've had this happen with other carriers and the explanation is they sweep the availability only a limited amount of times per day.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:31 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by jjjohn
SQ is very good at leaving seat empty.
I was on SIN-PVG last year on B773 on redeye flight and half the J class was empty when the door is closed. However online there is no seats available on J class saver award and waitlist is full as well. I can't waitlist and just take Y class for that flight.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
I know this question has been asked and answered a million times before, but ...

... if/when a waitlist clears, how long do you typically have to confirm it before SQ offers it to someone else? 24hrs?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 2:06 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by shuigao
I know this question has been asked and answered a million times before, but ...

... if/when a waitlist clears, how long do you typically have to confirm it before SQ offers it to someone else? 24hrs?
You have roughly 3 days to do that.

Example of a recent waitlist that cleared for me.

Email received July 6, 5:51AM (GMT+1) and the email says:

We are pleased to inform you that the following waitlisted flight(s) is available for confirmation:

Flight No.: SQ346
To: ZRH (Zurich - Kloten)
Departing Date: 09 Aug 2017
Departing Time: 01:25

If you have made a redemption booking, please visit singaporeair.com to confirm your booking. For other waitlisted flights or booking types, please contact your local Singapore Airlines office.

Your waitlisted flight(s) will be cancelled if no confirmation is received by 09 Jul 2017, 11:00 (GMT +8).

Thank you for choosing Singapore Airlines and we look forward to welcoming you on board our flight.

Yours sincerely,
Singapore Airlines
Old Jul 18, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by enelym1978
You have almost 3 days to do that.
Thanks!

I have a J booking, waitlisted F (same flight). Wasn't sure whether to transfer the additional miles from Citi Rewards only if the waitlist clears, or whether to pre-emptively transfer.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
Waitlist begins...

3 pax HKG-SFO business savers, mid July.

Originally Posted by Troopers
Update: waitlist has not cleared yet.

Waitlisted early Oct 2016 for mid July 2017.
Final update: waitlist cleared the day before flight.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:08 am

Programs: KF*G, AB*G, IBP*G, LCAH*Plat, HH*D, ONYX*Plat, BW*DS
1 pax MNL-SIN, which was otherwise only available on full flexi.

Cleared after 2 chasers within 5 days. Flight 3.5 weeks out from confirmation date.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:13 pm

Multi sector upgrade

Hello,
I have a PE ticket FCO-SIN-SYD and am considering waitlisting an upgrade to J for the entire journey (52k if I read the chart right). How are multi sector upgrades handled? Will they only upgrade if it becomes available on both sectors or will they upgrade one and not the other if one opens up?
Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:50 am

Not sure if this has been asked before, but how do we waitlist for an upgrade? I have a revenue ticket on Y, and I'm trying to redeem an upgrade to PE. Tried to do it online but it says no availability. However, waitlist is still open if I try to redeem PE directly.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:01 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by vade
Not sure if this has been asked before, but how do we waitlist for an upgrade? I have a revenue ticket on Y, and I'm trying to redeem an upgrade to PE. Tried to do it online but it says no availability. However, waitlist is still open if I try to redeem PE directly.
You can't waitlist an upgrade online. You will probably need to call KrisFlyer to waitlist manually.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by mkt80
i've read through most of the pages on this thread but still unclear on the following:

are your chances of waitlist clearing higher or lower if, travelling as a couple, you waitlist 2 individual single reservations or 1 double reservation? [flight in question is the highly popular SIN-JFK]

Originally Posted by fone
What would you do if only 1 person clears? IIRC, they told me that the if there is 2 on the reservation, and if there is only 1 space available, your reservation certainly would not clear. I cannot remember if the 1 available space will be "reserved" for you, or will it be available for others.
Originally Posted by mkt80
So either way, if two spots open up they would straight to us, whereas if 1 spot opens up only one of us gets the seat? If that were the case, I would call up and see if they can put my seat on hold until the 2nd seat opens up, or at least for a certain number of days to see if the 2nd seat were to open up...I already have SIN-ZRH in suites and ZRH-JFK in LX J booked as a back-up so I have nothing to lose by asking.
I think it's better to WL as two individual reservations. I made the mistake of WL as one double reservation, since Aug last yr, and until now, after multiple chasers, my WL has still not yet cleared (my flight is coming up soon, in Aug). So I think I believe the theory where if done separately, it allows one WL seat to cleared at a time, whereareas for double reservation, you need two WL seat to be available before it can clear

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.