Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:57 am

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
I waitlisted LAX-SIN-CGK. Under my booking, Lax-sin doesn't show "waitlisted." Sin-cgk still show "waitlisted."
is that mean flight lax-sin is cleared? Only sin-cgk is the one that still waitlisted?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:38 am

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Originally Posted by ordogg
As a data point, I recently booked SQ15 ICN-SIN in F for January 2015. At booking, saver was WL, while standard and up were available. I cleared about a week later. Seatmap showed 3/8, now 4/8 (of course never reliable).
That is interesting. Do you have any status on SQ? Using mobile device so cannot see any user data.
I am still waitlisted for a C saver ticket for ZRH-SIN in October and both standard and up are available. Wonder when it might clear as they still sell seats in J (fare class). Also waitlisted on some other SQ flights from Europe that day but all still waitlisted and I booked around 1m ago. Hoping at least one of them clears...
Old Aug 7, 2014, 1:19 am

T-48h and my waitlist hasn't cleared. I'm currently confirmed on SQ326/26 in F. EF is showing R4/F4/P4 and FlightStats is showing R8/F8/P8. Would calling help? If that fails, is there any chance of asking to be switched to SQ26 at checkin?

I have no SQ status.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 1:50 am

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Well calling may or may not help but certainly can't hurt to pick up the phone and try..
Old Aug 7, 2014, 2:25 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Originally Posted by blahter
T-48h and my waitlist hasn't cleared. I'm currently confirmed on SQ326/26 in F. EF is showing R4/F4/P4 and FlightStats is showing R8/F8/P8. Would calling help? If that fails, is there any chance of asking to be switched to SQ26 at checkin?

I have no SQ status.
I have been in your situation before. Its purely conjecture on my part but it seems SQ have a hard stop on the number of award seats they allow in any of their Suites cabins. (With the possible exception for the occasional persuasive PPS... )

My hunch is 2 pax on popular routes (and even then seats can be released individually) and 4 pax on less popular routes and intra asia. So if they already have their quota, unfortunately what EF shows is irrelevant, they will just go out with empty seats. However as the previous poster says, no harm in calling and asking, though i think its unlikely to make ang difference to the eventual outcome...
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by cmdsea
I have been in your situation before. Its purely conjecture on my part but it seems SQ have a hard stop on the number of award seats they allow in any of their Suites cabins. (With the possible exception for the occasional persuasive PPS... )

My hunch is 2 pax on popular routes (and even then seats can be released individually) and 4 pax on less popular routes and intra asia. So if they already have their quota, unfortunately what EF shows is irrelevant, they will just go out with empty seats. However as the previous poster says, no harm in calling and asking, though i think its unlikely to make ang difference to the eventual outcome...
It would seem that this matches our current situation. Seat maps only showing 5 seats allocated (including 1 for me) for a flight in less than 48 hours for an intra-Asia leg but my wife is still waitlisted. She just rang SQ and has been told that it's full (although SQ have at least 4 seats available for commercial bookings) and in order for her to clear the waitlist, it will require somebody to cancel their booking.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:43 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
Originally Posted by blahter

I have no SQ status.
What was the outcome??
Old Oct 26, 2014, 12:43 am

I'm shooting for a Suite award for LAX-SIN in June 2015. I have no status with SQ.
Currently, every single date is showing waitlist for saver award right now.
Should I book an Y ticket in different name (firstmiddle+last name for award and first+last name for Y) to make sure I do have a ticket ready if the waitlist won't clear last minute?
Thanks a lot
Old Oct 26, 2014, 6:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
I had an experience about waiting list for DXB to SIN F. Standard is widely available. Four hours before flight, it is still on waitinglist. I enter SQ office in DXB and ask them about my waiting list. He told me that F seats are widely open. And he call SQ for me but I do not know the number. During his call, he told SQ the seats are wide open and clear my waiting list immediately. And because I heard he mention there are many F seats and I told him I need another F savor award and he help me to get another award seat immediately. He even asked me if I need another one.

When we board the flight, there are 8 seats in F and only two were sold. Yes, we have the only two passengers in F. I do not know how SQ process their F class savor award.

We have no SQ status.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:07 am

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Daniel on the way
I had an experience about waiting list for DXB to SIN F. Standard is widely available. Four hours before flight, it is still on waitinglist. I enter SQ office in DXB and ask them about my waiting list. He told me that F seats are widely open. And he call SQ for me but I do not know the number. During his call, he told SQ the seats are wide open and clear my waiting list immediately. And because I heard he mention there are many F seats and I told him I need another F savor award and he help me to get another award seat immediately. He even asked me if I need another one.

When we board the flight, there are 8 seats in F and only two were sold. Yes, we have the only two passengers in F. I do not know how SQ process their F class savor award.

We have no SQ status.
This is intersting. I might try is next time I'm waitlisted all the way up to day of departure. Go to SQ office in Ion and speak to someone in person and see if they can do something.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by elleana
This is intersting. I might try is next time I'm waitlisted all the way up to day of departure. Go to SQ office in Ion and speak to someone in person and see if they can do something.
I have cleared a waitlist from the SQ KF lounge at the airport a few hours before departure

Another data point. Am waitlisted on SQ 25 JFK-SIN in suites, and no notification that the waitlist has cleared, but if I try to make a new booking, I can get a suites saver seat for the same flight. So, looks like SQ does not always clear your wait list even if a seat become available, so good idea to double check.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:05 pm

From my understanding, waitlists are clearly manually (by the seat controller) and not automatically by the system....
Old Oct 29, 2014, 12:55 am

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
If i booked standard ticket award, can i put waiting list for saver for same departure date? Just trying to save some points and secure a ticket at the same time. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:20 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Yes you can.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
What do you guys think the chances of clearing the waitlist for FRA-JFK in F during the winter months of 2015 (Jan, Feb, Mar)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.