Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Old Dec 1, 2021, 8:48 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Is there a way to book confirmed savers in business class (which are available on my preferred day) and also waitlist for first without allocating more of my AmEx points than I would need just for first to Singapore?
Yep. Book F waitlisting first. No points will be deducted. Then book confirmed J award.

Once F is confirmable, call in to cancel the J award and use the returned points to pay for F.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by geclub1
Yep. Book F waitlisting first. No points will be deducted. Then book confirmed J award.

Once F is confirmable, call in to cancel the J award and use the returned points to pay for F.
Will this simply incur the $25 fee for "Route/cabin class/award type changes on Singapore Airlines flights"? Or is it the $75 cancellation fee?
It's a bit concerning how I can never get through to anybody on the phone. It almost feels like by the time I fly the airline won't exist, but then everything about the product looks like it's the best way to go from the east coast to europe, even in its lowly 777 business.

Last edited by flyerfirsts; Dec 1, 2021 at 9:07 pm
Old Dec 1, 2021, 10:35 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
It would be a 25$ change in my book as they will change the cabin class and collect additional miles etc., but as always YMMV depending on agent you get as they may argue cancel one PNR and then confirm the other so that would be 75$. You need to have all needed miles in the account when you confirm F - assuming the waitlist clears.

Now the other way is to book Biz and then call to waitlist F saver against the same PNR. However, with hold times on the phone allegedly going.into hours of unlucky, I'd take my chance with a 25$ or worst case 75$ fee and get it done online as described by the other poster (waitlist F saver as one PNR, then book J saver as another PNR).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.