Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2019, 10:54 pm

Got a tricky question and I've been unable to get a clear answer from SQ...

I've got an award booked from JOG-SIN-WLG but have also waitlisted JOG-SIN-CHC on the same date. The flight from SIN-CHC was originally the problem (requiring a waitlist) and why I booked the WLG flight instead. Since booking the JOG-SIN flight is now full but obviously I've already got a confirmed seat on it thanks to my JOG-SIN-WLG booking.

Will I still be considered for the JOG-SIN-CHC now that the JOG-SIN leg is full (even though I've already got a seat on the same flight)?
Old May 28, 2019, 8:58 am

Does waitlist clear far in advance? or only clear few days before flight? because I'm planning to waitlist a flight 10 months in advance and want to know how it works.
Old May 31, 2019, 6:41 pm

Unbelievably, was able to get 2 F seats JFK-FRA just a week before departure (one right away, one waitlisted which cleared after I called in to "inquire").
Old May 31, 2019, 11:27 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well a week before departure may have been why it worked as close in to travel seats may be opened up depending on booking situation
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:54 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LukFilm
Unbelievably, was able to get 2 F seats JFK-FRA just a week before departure (one right away, one waitlisted which cleared after I called in to "inquire").
That is unbelievable. I had two separate waitlist for one F for this route. Both failed to cleared.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
What is the chance this will clear? MEL-SIN-HKG J on 25 December 2019 (Christmas day) with a stopover in SIN.

Old Jun 1, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
Originally Posted by antebellum
What is the chance this will clear? MEL-SIN-HKG J on 25 December 2019 (Christmas day) with a stopover in SIN.
SQ just doesn't seems to open up savers onces its been chewed up IMO. I've been waiting for a space to open up for 8 months and nothing has happened.
Only can find ADL-SIN-HKG on 25th for ya if you really want to get to HK on this day.

Last edited by Wongo; Jun 1, 2019 at 9:50 am
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
Now booking is completed. Tickets confirmed and miles deducted.

Last edited by antebellum; Jun 7, 2019 at 7:19 am
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist
Thrilled. Had a confirmed business booking but asked to waitlist First/suites ZRH - SIN.

Due to the same reference number having a confirmed ticket, the waitlist did not drop even within 14 days of flight, and actually cleared 2-3 days before departure.

Didn’t know the new Suites in saver would ever clear!
cuthroat likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Gayli Bee
Does waitlist clear far in advance? or only clear few days before flight? because I'm planning to waitlist a flight 10 months in advance and want to know how it works.
I waitlisted SIN-LHR in F (old suites) 12 months out. The waitlist cleared in 16 days after waitlisting. I guess it was because it was not a peak day.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:18 pm

SIN-FRA - J saver - confirmed
FRA-JFK - J saver - waitlisted (travel on Aug/wednesday)
EWR-SIN - J saver - confirmed

Called KF and they said will put in an appeal. Does that mean the person is asking for a chaser?
Also whats the likelihood this will be confirmed?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: SQ KF Blue, BA EC Blue
I have a waitlist on 19 Oct 2019 SQ351 CPH-SIN in business class. Appreciate if anyone on here could help me check the loads on the flight. Many thanks!
Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Talking Say the magic words - RM

https://www.godsavethepoints.com/201...-class-ticket/

"Alas, today I effectively said the words revenue management – and I went from not having a confirmed airline ticket at all to having a confirmed A380 business class ticket .."
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'd call that luck / good fortune or something like that, but it would be a new policy / procedure if a contact center agent could directly reach out to the RM department. Can you imagine the number of calls they would get every day on just this topic?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:21 pm

Most likely it is due to 2 days before flight n there are empty seats. Frankly speaking, HK J class seat is quite easy to redeem. Dun think the CS really speak to revenue management

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.