Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

is it okay to sell wine/champagne glasses from first class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2011, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

I have a collection of wine/champagne/shot glasses that were used in first class on Singapore Airlines first class. (all on EU/US to SIN flights over the years)

NO, I did not steal them. In each and every case, I asked the flight attendants if it was okay for me to keep it as a souvenir while she was clearing my tray table. They almost always looked at me like I was crazy, but always said that it was okay with them. Some even went back and gave me clean, unused glasses, wrapped, so I can take them home. (not sure if it's only allowed in first class... as I have sometimes been refused if I was flying in business class on 777 without first class)

Anyway, my collection has gotten a bit large and I have no place to put them. (when I say large, I mean I have enough to use at small weddings) I was just about to throw them all away at the local recycling center... but I was wondering if I could just sell them?
Old Mar 19, 2011, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by potove
I have a collection of wine/champagne/shot glasses that were used in first class on Singapore Airlines first class. (all on EU/US to SIN flights over the years)

NO, I did not steal them. In each and every case, I asked the flight attendants if it was okay for me to keep it as a souvenir while she was clearing my tray table. They almost always looked at me like I was crazy, but always said that it was okay with them. Some even went back and gave me clean, unused glasses, wrapped, so I can take them home. (not sure if it's only allowed in first class... as I have sometimes been refused if I was flying in business class on 777 without first class)

Anyway, my collection has gotten a bit large and I have no place to put them. (when I say large, I mean I have enough to use at small weddings) I was just about to throw them all away at the local recycling center... but I was wondering if I could just sell them?
My goodness - how many do you have?!

Don't sell them, send me some!

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Mar 20, 2011, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Airgroovin'
My goodness - how many do you have?!

Don't sell them, send me some!

Cheers,

You desire the glasses, I pine for the fill.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
You desire the glasses, I pine for the fill.
Why do you think I want them...!?

Cheers,

Old Mar 20, 2011, 3:05 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; nb-no) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'd donate any money raised to charity.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by view
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; nb-no) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'd donate any money raised to charity.
I do like that... ^

Cheers,

Old Mar 20, 2011, 10:34 am
Original Poster

My next-next-door neighbor was having a moving sale yesterday and attracted a pretty big crowd.
I gave her all 82 Singapore Airlines first class wine/champangne glasses and she place it with the
rest of the stuff.

This morning she came over and told me some geeky Steve Jobs-type of guy bought them for $180.
(she asked for $200) He paid with nine $20 bills which were as good as money. Not bad at all.
I gave my nice neighbor 1/3, or $60 as commission. She didn't blink an eye.... not surprising,
since she is a retired attorney, so taking 1/3 cut of everything probably comes naturally to her.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
If only I saw this earlier.. I'd take those glasses off your hands and would prolly pay more..

Oh well, guess its not meant to be. Congrats on the sale though!
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Since she is a retired attorney, so taking 1/3 cut of everything probably comes naturally to her.
1/3? You got off cheap!
Old Mar 27, 2011, 6:50 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by General_Flyer
If only I saw this earlier.. I'd take those glasses off your hands and would prolly pay more..

Oh well, guess its not meant to be. Congrats on the sale though!
Are you a SQ fan ?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:05 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Originally Posted by G_G
Are you a SQ fan ?
Fly with them all the time..
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:49 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by General_Flyer
Fly with them all the time..
You're lucky
Old Apr 11, 2011, 7:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
They almost always looked at me like I was crazy...
Based purely from your postings alone I can concur with the sentiments of the Singapore Airlines cabin attendants.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.