Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to upgrade from booking class W?

Old Dec 27, 10, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Hi Everyone,

I have a flight coming up with Singapore Airlines from FCO to SYD (Booking Class W).

Does anyone know (or have any experience) if it will be possible to upgrade to Business from Economy W class. I know that I cannot do it now (unless in Y B E, etc), however was wondering if I could use my KrisFlyer points to upgrade closer to the day of flight or even on the day.

I'm a *G member with OZ, a *S member with LH and a standard member of KrisFlyer (with enough points to upgrade).

With great thanks to you all,

Daniel.
Old Dec 27, 10, 7:55 am

Not possible. Status doesn't make any difference.
Old Dec 27, 10, 4:40 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Only regular "flexi" fares allow you to upgrade, and even then it's not certain that you will find a saver upgrade available.
Old Dec 27, 10, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You upfare to E then [email protected]:-)
Old Jan 5, 11, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Dear aster, Nick C and TerryK,

Thank you all most kindly for your replies.

I've upgraded booking class and now on waitlist for Business Class.

Thank you again,

Daniel.
Old Jan 13, 20, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Perhaps tangentially related - I currently hold a round-trip ticket in Premium Economy. Can I upfare (so not an upgrade, but rather pay the actual fare difference) one or both segments without incurring a change fee?
Old Jan 13, 20, 8:53 pm

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543 View Post
Perhaps tangentially related - I currently hold a round-trip ticket in Premium Economy. Can I upfare (so not an upgrade, but rather pay the actual fare difference) one or both segments without incurring a change fee?
Yes
Old Jan 14, 20, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by definitelynotafrequentflyer View Post
Yes
Thanks! Sorry, a follow-up:

Can I also change dates/flights (from HND to NRT, for example) without a fee as part of an upfare? Said another way, if I wanted to change my flight without a change fee, would upfaring be a route to doing so?
Old Jan 14, 20, 7:29 pm

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543 View Post
Thanks! Sorry, a follow-up:

Can I also change dates/flights (from HND to NRT, for example) without a fee as part of an upfare? Said another way, if I wanted to change my flight without a change fee, would upfaring be a route to doing so?
changing date will be fine (as long as both dates have the same class, hence same fare differences).
changing route however, will incur a ticket reissue fee which personally I donít think itís worth considering you are changing from Haneda to Narita.
So, the short answer would be no, it wonít work.
Old Jan 15, 20, 3:48 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Just in case anyone is looking at this to check if W can be upgraded, you are in luck. Since this thread was started the rules have changed and this class can be upgraded with points, though at a higher cost than B/E//Y.
Old Jan 15, 20, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by definitelynotafrequentflyer View Post
changing date will be fine (as long as both dates have the same class, hence same fare differences).
changing route however, will incur a ticket reissue fee which personally I donít think itís worth considering you are changing from Haneda to Narita.
So, the short answer would be no, it wonít work.
Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 20, 6:56 pm

Programs: *G (OZ); OWS (BA); STE (KE)
Originally Posted by onlySIA View Post
Just in case anyone is looking at this to check if W can be upgraded, you are in luck. Since this thread was started the rules have changed and this class can be upgraded with points, though at a higher cost than B/E//Y.
I can confirm this. I just upgraded a booking from W to business on an upcoming flight (SQ876 SIN to TPE). I was thrilled to see saver availability and I even managed to grab bulkhead seat 11K. At 25,000 miles I felt it was good value.
onlySIA likes this.
Old Jan 21, 20, 12:06 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
This is with points. Can you do this with $$?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: