FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Is it possible to upgrade from booking class W? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1164573-possible-upgrade-booking-class-w.html)

maestro1981 Dec 27, 2010 6:22 am

Is it possible to upgrade from booking class W?

Hi Everyone,

I have a flight coming up with Singapore Airlines from FCO to SYD (Booking Class W).

Does anyone know (or have any experience) if it will be possible to upgrade to Business from Economy W class. I know that I cannot do it now (unless in Y B E, etc), however was wondering if I could use my KrisFlyer points to upgrade closer to the day of flight or even on the day.

I'm a *G member with OZ, a *S member with LH and a standard member of KrisFlyer (with enough points to upgrade).

With great thanks to you all,

Daniel.

Nick C Dec 27, 2010 6:55 am

Not possible. Status doesn't make any difference. ;)

aster Dec 27, 2010 3:40 pm

Only regular "flexi" fares allow you to upgrade, and even then it's not certain that you will find a saver upgrade available.

TerryK Dec 27, 2010 8:37 pm

You upfare to E then upgrade.@:-)

maestro1981 Jan 5, 2011 11:56 am

Dear aster, Nick C and TerryK,

Thank you all most kindly for your replies.

I've upgraded booking class and now on waitlist for Business Class.

Thank you again,

Daniel.

tylerdurden4543 Jan 13, 2020 7:20 pm

Perhaps tangentially related - I currently hold a round-trip ticket in Premium Economy. Can I upfare (so not an upgrade, but rather pay the actual fare difference) one or both segments without incurring a change fee?

definitelynotafrequentflyer Jan 13, 2020 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543 (Post 31946935)
Perhaps tangentially related - I currently hold a round-trip ticket in Premium Economy. Can I upfare (so not an upgrade, but rather pay the actual fare difference) one or both segments without incurring a change fee?

Yes

tylerdurden4543 Jan 14, 2020 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by definitelynotafrequentflyer (Post 31947030)
Yes

Thanks! Sorry, a follow-up:

Can I also change dates/flights (from HND to NRT, for example) without a fee as part of an upfare? Said another way, if I wanted to change my flight without a change fee, would upfaring be a route to doing so?

definitelynotafrequentflyer Jan 14, 2020 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543 (Post 31951231)
Thanks! Sorry, a follow-up:

Can I also change dates/flights (from HND to NRT, for example) without a fee as part of an upfare? Said another way, if I wanted to change my flight without a change fee, would upfaring be a route to doing so?

changing date will be fine (as long as both dates have the same class, hence same fare differences).
changing route however, will incur a ticket reissue fee which personally I don’t think it’s worth considering you are changing from Haneda to Narita.
So, the short answer would be no, it won’t work.

onlySIA Jan 15, 2020 2:48 am

Just in case anyone is looking at this to check if W can be upgraded, you are in luck. Since this thread was started the rules have changed and this class can be upgraded with points, though at a higher cost than B/E//Y.

tylerdurden4543 Jan 15, 2020 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by definitelynotafrequentflyer (Post 31951344)
changing date will be fine (as long as both dates have the same class, hence same fare differences).
changing route however, will incur a ticket reissue fee which personally I don’t think it’s worth considering you are changing from Haneda to Narita.
So, the short answer would be no, it won’t work.

Thanks!

kaku_jinbutsu Jan 16, 2020 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by onlySIA (Post 31952533)
Just in case anyone is looking at this to check if W can be upgraded, you are in luck. Since this thread was started the rules have changed and this class can be upgraded with points, though at a higher cost than B/E//Y.

I can confirm this. I just upgraded a booking from W to business on an upcoming flight (SQ876 SIN to TPE). I was thrilled to see saver availability and I even managed to grab bulkhead seat 11K. At 25,000 miles I felt it was good value.

Aussienarelle Jan 21, 2020 11:06 am

This is with points. Can you do this with $$?