SQ discount codes?

Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Virgin, Starwood, RBC Awards, Air Miles, OneWorld
SQ discount codes?

Hi there,

I'm a frequent user of Air Canada's services but have never used SQ. However, I have a trip scheduled for Toronto (YYZ) to Seoul this October and am considering flying SQ business class. Like Air Canada, do SQ ever offer special discount codes? If so, does anyone know where I might be able to find one that may be applicable to this itinerary?

Cheers,
PS
Old Aug 3, 2010, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
SQ does not fly from Toronto to Seoul. You would have to fly via SFO.

Fares from SFO to ICN are around US$3730 before taxes.

You get to fly on SQ's 77W with new Business Class.

No promo discount codes.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Hi there,

Yes, I'm aware that, in order to fly from Toronto to Seoul on SQ I'd have to fly via SFO. However, I'm surprised that SQ never offers any offers or promotions to receive discounts on business class tickets. Is this really true?

Sincerely,
PS
Old Aug 4, 2010, 8:13 am

Programs: SQ Gold, AF Platinum, AA Platinum (sadly, expiring soon), QR Silver, EK, MU, HU, PR, HO, OZ, KE
I'd guess they already have enough business without needing to resort to promos!
Old Aug 4, 2010, 8:21 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
try to find any reliable Chinese town travel agency in downtown Toronto that might get you a deal on a travel combination on SQ to ICN via SFO
Old Aug 4, 2010, 4:32 pm
alc

I actually was just in the same boat last week. I did called my travel agency that I had deal with for last 15 years and he said the price I got off the web (Sweet Deals) is very low. I end up choose the Flexi Saver as for a little more money (~CAD $130) I will get AEROPLAN status miles toward my AEROPLAN status. Also Flexi Save allow me to make changes to my flight before departure and I already did it once since I purchase the ticket last Monday.

The only suggestion I have is to check if you can save some money buy purchasing 2 tickets... which is what I did. I am travelling to Male (MLE) from Toronto. It was cheaper for me to fly from Toronto to Hong Kong on AC ticket and then HK to SIN to MLE on SQ. HK was the cheapest over other Asia locations (i.e. PVG or NRT) But not sure if it will help you since the major Hub city for SQ is SIN...where flying all the way to SIN before going back to ICN kind of out of the way

Also, if you stay at any IHG hotels in Canada, you will get the "Stay and Save" booklet that can save:

- Within Canada or between Canada and the U.S.
September 15 to December 10, 2010
10% off Tango Plus fares and above
or
- Between Canada and Asia
September 15 to December 10, 2010
10% off Tango Plus fares and above

So, booking directly on AC might even cheaper with the 10% discount.

I randomly pick Oct 10th and Oct 25th and the price include TAX is $1310.52with this 10% off for Tango+. I do see an potential issue for you as this discount code only works for non Executive class and you are looking for Executive First seats. Not sure if you have any status with AC where you have any upgrade cert that you can use.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Hi alc,

Thanks for all your ideas--greatly appreciated.

Interestingly, I just found that the SFO to ICN flight on SQ (biz class) is over $2,000 per person less than flying from YYZ to ICN on SQ (with AC used between YYZ and SFO). So I'm considering using points or trying to book Tango Plus, and playing the aerolotto with my NA or SSWU certs to bump up to Exec First, to SFO and then flying SQ biz class to ICN from SFO. Anybody have any better ideas?

Cheers,
PS
Old Aug 5, 2010, 8:04 am

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Smile

SQ and Discount Codes have as much in common as a Hyundai Accent and a Bottle of Coke, which is basically nothing.

Why not also consider OZ since you're flying out of States anyway.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by propensityscore
......I'm surprised that SQ never offers any offers or promotions to receive discounts on business class tickets. Is this really true?.....
SQ F/C loads to/from USA has been very strong. It can be difficult to find F/C availabilities and you often need to waitlist.@:-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.