Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ giving a hard time on bassinett seats!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2010, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold

Hi fellow FT'ers,

My wife and I are flying to India with our infant. Our first leg is on SQ 15 business class. We requested a bassinett seat and one of us was assigned 14K. The other was allotted 19F!!

I tried calling SQ multiple times to request 2 seats together with a bassinett and I am being told that 1 infant = 1 bassinett seat! And apparently 15 D and F are the only 2 seats together in the entire cabin with access to a bassinett.

The reservation agent told me a request has been sent. Does anyone know who else I can talk to get the seat assignment? I would rather do this before check-in so there are no last minute surprises.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 5:20 am

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
Based on anecdotal evidence of flying SQ 1 infant means 1 bassinet seat unless you are PPS or manage to swap with another person seating next to your wife.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Does the other seat (which you can't get) have access to another bassinet?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 5:05 am

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
I wouldn't worry too much. During OLCI you might be able to get the seat, if not then once you board and the person in the seat next to your wife sees the baby I am sure that they would want to swap rather than sit next to a screaming baby for the whole flight. (Regardless of if they scream or not, they would probably not want to take the risk)
Old Jul 23, 2010, 9:03 am

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Baby Car Seat

Didn't want to start a new thread but rather built on the existing baby issues ....

I am travelling with my 20 month old boy and I bought a seat for him as he tall for his age and it will be tough having him on the lap on overnight flight. During take off and landing we can take him on the lap, but what are the rules on SQ for the rest of the flight. Do I need to get a baby car seat?
Old Jul 23, 2010, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by sl00001
Didn't want to start a new thread but rather built on the existing baby issues ....

I am travelling with my 20 month old boy and I bought a seat for him as he tall for his age and it will be tough having him on the lap on overnight flight. During take off and landing we can take him on the lap, but what are the rules on SQ for the rest of the flight. Do I need to get a baby car seat?
Sounds like you'll be flying 77W if seat 15 is bassinet.

The seat is wide enough for your wife and son to sit on

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.