Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

A380: Am I the only one who finds it highly overrated and somewhat uncomfortable??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380: Am I the only one who finds it highly overrated and somewhat uncomfortable??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2011, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC, Finnair+, ClubOne Gold, Stockmann First
Originally Posted by fly747first
As pretty much everyone else has said, IT'S DEFINITELY JUST YOU! Try flying Y class on an Air France 777 featuring a delightful 3x4x3 Y configuration.
And I thought BA's 3x3x3 on it's 777 was crammed!
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by IainC
On the return flight decided to take side two seats, the 2-4-2 configuration is definitely a big plus in my mind and really liked the side bins, but must agree the seat comfort is pretty ordinary.
+1 of side bins, I was on HKG-SIN.
Good IFE choices for a short haul.
Seats are just ordinary SQ Y but DON'T expect more legroom in this jumbo flight!
Old Nov 26, 2015, 3:35 pm

Read the question! The guy flew in Y! Of course plutocrats can afford comfort!
No, it's not just you.
We flew economy LHR to MIA, BA 209, the most uncomfortable flight this poor bod has ever suffered.
Not helped by 4 hour delay.
Not helped by disinterested cabin crew.
Not helped by further 1 hour delay de-planing.
But hugely uncomfortable.
The return, on a 747, blissful, hugely helped by a great cabin crew.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by icarus2009
Read the question! The guy flew in Y! Of course plutocrats can afford comfort!
No, it's not just you.
We flew economy LHR to MIA, BA 209, the most uncomfortable flight this poor bod has ever suffered.
Not helped by 4 hour delay.
Not helped by disinterested cabin crew.
Not helped by further 1 hour delay de-planing.
But hugely uncomfortable.
The return, on a 747, blissful, hugely helped by a great cabin crew.
Read the date! This thread died 4 years ago.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
The one thing I do not like about the A380 is the fact that you cannot lean against the wall at a Y window seat.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
it's amusing when anyone complains that Y wasn't that great on any airline on any aircraft. It's not going to be that great period.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by warakorn
The one thing I do not like about the A380 is the fact that you cannot lean against the wall at a Y window seat.
You can. But on limited seats at the back of Y when the body of the fuselage starts curving.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by grahampros
it's amusing when anyone complains that Y wasn't that great on any airline on any aircraft. It's not going to be that great period.
+1

Except that actually on a 2x3x2 design you've got a bit more space when sitting on the side than in a 3x4x3 design.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 5:02 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by grahampros
I found the Y cabin on the A380 very pleasant. Personal air vents would help but otherwise the product is really fancy.
The plane makes no noise, no IFE box obstructs your legroom. Only issue is that the cabin is too large and so you always have one ore more true sphincters in there who behave like crap.

This is where an LH FA would come in handy. She could stomp over there and terminally bark at the offender and he'd be busy changing his diapers for the rest of the flight.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 2:41 am

Programs: Kris Flyer, Airpoints, TrueBlue, QF, SPGGold, Hilton Diamond,IHG Spire
Flown Suites and economy on SQ A380. Flown economy on LH and EK on the A380. Obviously the suites experience is going to be right up there but can honestly say that economy on EK, SQ and LH 380's were also good. Service not so good on EK.
Old May 4, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: Avios
Sorry to bring back an old thread. But searched for A380 overrated and this came up.

Boy is the Y class on a BA A380 over rated. Once you have sat in your crammed seat...its like any other BA service. Absolutely rubbish. No comfort, no frills.
Old May 4, 2017, 8:26 am

I sat in a premium row upper deck in Y couple of months back on short stint HKG-SIN.

Was as expected, nothing special but decent space.
Old May 4, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
Y cabin in SQ on A380 better than other airlines, and if you get a bulkhead/exit row, or an upper deck seat on the plans which have them, then it can be really good.

The only thing not so good it the amount of recline permitted on some SQ A380s planes (not all?) - which can be enough to make it difficult to get out of the seat behind.
Old May 4, 2017, 9:41 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Originally Posted by wyvern

The only thing not so good it the amount of recline permitted on some SQ A380s planes (not all?) - which can be enough to make it difficult to get out of the seat behind.
I feel the recline of Y on A380 too little. I was on A380 upper deck SQ317 LHR-SIN this week. The recline was not as generous as in outbound B77W SQ306.
Old May 7, 2017, 6:14 am

Programs: United 1K
Agree that recline is limited, but the 19" width in coach on the a380 makes it quite comfortable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.