FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

aster Apr 25, 13 6:25 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 20649457)
Could Amex really flaunt such a chance to launch a new card and make an impact in the market. 1.2$ to get 1KF mile? :confused: Really? :eek:

We always keep saying this but has there every been a really good Amex card that came directly from them or was co-branded by KrisFlyer? I haven't seen one during the time that I have been in Singapore.

The only ones worth looking at have been the DBS Altitude Amex (not very useful since they launched the Visa version) and now the UOB Privi Miles one.

lsed Apr 25, 13 11:33 am

So received 3 Preferred Plat cards today in the mailbox.

Tried to do a test if I could transfer to supplementary KF account. But I have to link it first via filling up a form. Seems this will not be possible then

"
Sorry, your KrisFlyer account is not linked to your UOB Card...

With your KrisFlyer membership number, please call UOB Call Centre Service at 1800 222 2121 to obtain a UOB Rewards Plus 888 Registration Form. Return the completed form to UOB Card Centre."

Durian Apr 25, 13 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 20651272)
So received 3 Preferred Plat cards today in the mailbox.

Tried to do a test if I could transfer to supplementary KF account. But I have to link it first via filling up a form. Seems this will not be possible then

"
Sorry, your KrisFlyer account is not linked to your UOB Card...

With your KrisFlyer membership number, please call UOB Call Centre Service at 1800 222 2121 to obtain a UOB Rewards Plus 888 Registration Form. Return the completed form to UOB Card Centre."

Oh no :confused: I have the PRVI since 2 months... first it seems they charge $20 per transfer... plus, reading from you, this must be done through snail mail ? Crap :td:
I also have the DBS Altitude: linkage to KF is $40/year but you get unlimited transfers (by block of 5000 DBS points) but mostly I do it through the phone, super simple.

aster Apr 25, 13 11:01 pm

I don't get the whole airport transfer thing, why is it such a big deal? It's like a $25 buck ride, and if you go for the freebie then you probably still give a small 5-10 Dollar tip anyway, right?

On top of that it's not a limo transfer but a cab. And if you are flying out on business then the company pays for the cab anyway, ain't that so?

aster Apr 25, 13 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Durian (Post 20654041)
I also have the DBS Altitude: linkage to KF is $40/year but you get unlimited transfers (by block of 5000 DBS points) but mostly I do it through the phone, super simple.

You know you can just log in here and do the same with just a few mouse clicks:

https://rewards.dbs.com/Home.aspx

vsepr Apr 26, 13 1:31 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 20654497)
I don't get the whole airport transfer thing, why is it such a big deal? It's like a $25 buck ride, and if you go for the freebie then you probably still give a small 5-10 Dollar tip anyway, right?

On top of that it's not a limo transfer but a cab. And if you are flying out on business then the company pays for the cab anyway, ain't that so?

ANZ Travel Card's free airport transfer is a limo cab. It is worth S$45 per trip. Citycab pays the driver who accepts the job in advance through his bank account S$45 after the trip by checking the cab's driving logs and the time he pick up the passenger. No tipping is required.

http://www.anz.com/singapore/en/Pers...s/travel-card/

lingua101 Apr 26, 13 2:01 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 20654497)

I never give tip and the driver does not seem expecting one also.

True enough for company trip, can claim back transport. But since it is free ride, I can always claim as transport (car allowance) by mileage

aster Apr 26, 13 7:31 am

Just read a tip elsewhere about how to get around the Giant SMART$ problem when it comes to the UOB Platinum Preferred Visa card: just purchase Cold Storage vouchers using paywave as they can be used at Giant as well. :)

aster Apr 26, 13 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by aster (Post 20655658)
Just read a tip elsewhere about how to get around the Giant SMART$ problem when it comes to the UOB Platinum Preferred Visa card: just purchase Cold Storage vouchers using paywave as they can be used at Giant as well. :)

And another huge tip someone mentioned was to top-up EZ-link online. This then opens up a whole world of possibilities. :)

lcpteck Apr 27, 13 12:11 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 20659353)
And another huge tip someone mentioned was to top-up EZ-link online. This then opens up a whole world of possibilities. :)

^

Yep yep, someone confirmed EZ-Link topup using "top & tap" gives 10x UNI$. Remember to remove pop-up blockers in your browser.

aster Apr 27, 13 2:30 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 20659636)
^

Yep yep, someone confirmed EZ-Link topup using "top & tap" gives 10x UNI$. Remember to remove pop-up blockers in your browser.

Hi there ^ , good to continue this discussion here as well. :) How difficult are these top-ups because I keep reading about home card readers (probably don't work with a Mac) or having to visit AXS machines to complete the top-up, etc.

tranceaty Apr 27, 13 6:17 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 20659906)
Hi there ^ , good to continue this discussion here as well. :) How difficult are these top-ups because I keep reading about home card readers (probably don't work with a Mac) or having to visit AXS machines to complete the top-up, etc.

Hi everyone, first time posting here but have been following all you experts in the forum in FT and HWZ.

The top up aren't difficult, just top up via online and then proceed to an AXS or OCBC atm to complete the process. I only did this once with OCBC atm and I find it pretty intuitive. Don't need home card reader (additional cost to buy it, but can complete the top up process at home).

lcpteck Apr 27, 13 10:59 am

Originally Posted by tranceaty (Post 20660388)
Hi everyone, first time posting here but have been following all you experts in the forum in FT and HWZ.

The top up aren't difficult, just top up via online and then proceed to an AXS or OCBC atm to complete the process. I only did this once with OCBC atm and I find it pretty intuitive. Don't need home card reader (additional cost to buy it, but can complete the top up process at home).

I did mine at AXS, very simple to process. Just follow the on-screen instructions after you press the category at the top called "Fare top up" or something like that. Remember to choose top & tap.

lsed Apr 27, 13 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Durian (Post 20654041)
Oh no :confused: I have the PRVI since 2 months... first it seems they charge $20 per transfer... plus, reading from you, this must be done through snail mail ? Crap :td:

The form is for linking the KF account to the UNI$ Account. Once that is linked you can do online transfers. But each transfer is $20.

I think that is pretty alright.

lsed Apr 27, 13 12:26 pm

Now the question is, can you withdraw money from the EZ Card? If not how would it be used easily? 10X UNI$ is great but if its only for small amounts then nothing that fantastic isinit?